• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T3 Thread

Reactions: HolyCity73
I hesitate to post this as I don’t want to set you into buyer’s remorse convulsions, but…

As the below link suggests, Unknown Munitions might be making them soon as well, with BAT Machine as the OEM.

But I get it if you can get other components way cheaper. It adds up.
I have one of these bolt bodies
Works great
Paul is a great gunsmith as well. Done a number of projects for me now and is always high quality work.

T3 superlight in 7-08 and a MPI stock is only 4 oz heavier than my Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor with the same scope.

hmmmmm

IMG_6495.jpg
IMG_6494.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kdhope
T3 superlight in 7-08 and a MPI stock is only 4 oz heavier than my Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor with the same scope.

hmmmmm

View attachment 8428035View attachment 8428036
I know a lot of people really want light rifles, but I don’t. Give me a 15 lb rifle and accessories and I am happy. Less recoil, less recoil effect, better accuracy, dependability. But that’s why there are options to exercise, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. I won’t be hiking hundreds of miles into the wild, so a little weight on my shoulder won’t hurt a thing. I would rather save the weight in my pack than with my rifle.

I know a lot of people really want light rifles, but I don’t. Give me a 15 lb rifle and accessories and I am happy. Less recoil, less recoil effect, better accuracy, dependability. But that’s why there are options to exercise, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. I won’t be hiking hundreds of miles into the wild, so a little weight on my shoulder won’t hurt a thing. I would rather save the weight in my pack than with my rifle.
maybe if walking 20 yards from a truck to a box blind but on a backcoountry or spot n stalk hunt no way in hell am i carrying an extra 6 lbs in my rifle. you just gotta practice more if you can't shoot a 9 lb rifle at hunting distances.

Reactions: Charlie112
maybe if walking 20 yards from a truck to a box blind but on a backcoountry or spot n stalk hunt no way in hell am i carrying an extra 6 lbs in my rifle. you just gotta practice more if you can't shoot a 9 lb rifle at hunting distances.
I can. I can also carry an extra 6 lbs for 20 or 30 miles without much of a problem. I am also 70. If you are much younger and can’t handle 6 lbs well, dayum.
I can easily pare 6 lbs from a pack. I think I said something about that earlier. Taking a pack implies more than 20 yds lol.
But hey. As I said, it’s all about personal choices. I expressed my preferences. 6 lbs is nothing. I much prefer the behavior of my rifle with the 6 than without. That’s my reason. I recognized in my previous post that many prefer a lighter rifle. Is my choice, for me, wrong? No.
I never said yours was wrong for you. As far as I meant, I didn’t imply yours was wrong for you either.

*shrugs*

Dream on old fella
Hahahahahaha so funny! 👍
I appreciate your concern for my health and well being. Hahaha
This is my pack as I prepare for a trip next month into the Appalachians in NC. Thankfully, I can take my time and have no time constraints. 6 lbs is next to nothing lol. Not my first rodeo bubba. I am guessing you have never carried 80 lbs of gear day in day out. So, yeah, maybe for you 6 lbs is intimidating.
IMG_9605.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: x0mb13
So, how ‘bout that Tikka T3, huh guys…?
I love mine. I pier bedded it and added weight to the forend and I am very happy with the stability and balance. Handles and shoots like a dream and it will likely be my last rifle. I added a cheek riser as my most recent improvement.
Superb for a lot of uses. I just wish I had known of Tikkas much earlier.
The way things are going it may be an asshat removal device in the future LOL
I have a couple of teen grand boys whom I plan to leave my knife collection and guns to. I just hope they appreciate them as I have the memories I have of my grand parents.

Reactions: x0mb13
I am guessing you have never carried 80 lbs of gear day in day out. So, yeah, maybe for you 6 lbs is intimidating.
6lbs in a 80lbs pack is 7.5% of its total weight.

Or, in a 74lbs pack, adding 6lbs to 80lbs is adding 8.1% more weight.

Gets worse as the packout gets lighter, of course.

Adding 6lbs to a 40lbs pack adds 15% more pounds (46lbs total). Heck, some entire mountain rifles are around 6lbs.

You sound like a tough guy. When I was 29, I remember getting beat by a few 70+ yr olds in a 32 mile xc ski race.

You must be one of those bastards lol.

It may not matter much to you, but realize to mere mortals the above percentages are significant.

Age will catch up to all of us (if we don’t die first).

Reactions: Bbracken667
6lbs in a 80lbs pack is 7.5% of its total weight.

Or, in a 74lbs pack, adding 6lbs to 80lbs is adding 8.1% more weight.

Gets worse as the packout gets lighter, of course.

Adding 6lbs to a 40lbs pack adds 15% more pounds (46lbs total). Heck, some entire mountain rifles are around 6lbs.

You sound like a tough guy. When I was 29, I remember getting beat by a few 70+ yr olds in a 32 mile xc ski race.

You must be one of those bastards lol.

It may not matter much to you, but realize to mere mortals the above percentages are significant.

Age will catch up to all of us (if we don’t die first).
Whelp, the closer you get, the closer you are. Last year was going to be my last major camping trip. I think I can handle one more. Hell, I got more than 6 lbs of fat on me. If you weigh 200 and you carry 50 in a pack and Rifle, 6 lbs is 2.4% of the total weight. In calculus one way to describe it is “as X approaches zero” lol
6 lbs is only a problem if you dwell on it, otherwise it’s the 50 lbs that the problem LOL
I don’t know about a tough guy, but I am a nut. I am a shell of the former me, and I think that is who I compete with.

I really love spending time out in the woods, alone. That is what really matters.

Last edited:
If you weigh 200 and you carry 50 in a pack and Rifle, 6 lbs is 2.4% of the total weight.
Yeah, but the problem with that calc is the 50lbs pack can’t carry itself. It just laughs the whole way at the other 200lbs haha

So, with a lighter gun one could’ve had a 44lbs pack, but with that heavier rifle one carries an extra 13.6%.

But hey, I get wanting to use the rifle you’re comfy with. That might make the difference between bagging something or not.

I really love spending time out in the woods, alone. That is what really matters.
Totally agree. I’m in my mid-fifties, and I hope I’ll still be as active as you are when I get up there.

Heck, I’ll probably be dead by then ☠️

• Love
Reactions: Bbracken667
Yeah, but the problem with that calc is the 50lbs pack can’t carry itself. It just laughs the whole way at the other 200lbs haha

So, with a lighter gun one could’ve had a 44lbs pack, but with that heavier rifle one carries an extra 13.6%.

But hey, I get wanting to use the rifle you’re comfy with. That might make the difference between bagging something or not.

Totally agree. I’m in my mid-fifties, and I hope I’ll still be as active as you are when I get up there.

Heck, I’ll probably be dead by then ☠️
I died when I was 62. Didn’t think I would see 65. Feel better now than I did at 61. You just never know.
I liked the 50# laughing at the 200# LOL love it!
I maintain that not focusing on the 6 makes it all a bit lighter lol focus on the woods! Sit frequently and enjoy!
I also carry a handgun but that, too, is non-negotiable 😃

Reactions: carbonbased
View attachment 8429450
Aaannd here’s a (problematic-light-strikes) Tikka Super Varmint in .223 for the thread! Shortly going back to Tikka for the second time!
That sucks! I have the same model in .308. Mine shoots beautifully. With 155gr Scenars every load I tested printed <1MOA. The good loads prints half that.
IMG_20240505_200251.jpg