• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage 12FV .223 Not Ejecting

jpistolero02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
Austin, TX
I seem to be at a dead end with my Savage. For some reason the rifle is not ejecting cases very well. Sometimes the case will eject very weakly or more times than not it just falls into the magazine after being extracted. I have replaced the extractor, ejector spring and replaced the detent ball with a larger one. Any other ideas?

Re: Savage 12FV .223 Not Ejecting

could the channel or hole that the actual ejector moves in be too tight? if its not letting the ejector move freely that may be the cause. since you have replaced the spring, thats all thats left but to call savage and let them look the bolt over. even just slowly opening mine on my 10fcp will toss the brass out and the dummy rounds too.

Re: Savage 12FV .223 Not Ejecting

Savage had the same problem in the past with the 22-250's. Call them and they will fix it for nothing.