• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

1-10x LVPO Comparison

12qwas

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
CO
Looking for a new 1-10x LVPO, and I'm hoping to hear how these 3 options compare.

Specifically I'm looking at:
  • Vortex Razor G3 1-10x
  • Trijicon Credo 1-10x
  • Primary Arms GLx 1-10x

Other than cost, how do these 3 scopes compare?

After researching the suggestion, adding in the EOTech Vudu 1-10x. I hadnt previously considered this, but looks comparable for feature set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alcanino
Looking for a new 1-10x LVPO, and I'm hoping to hear how these 3 options compare.

• Vortex Razor G3 1-10x
  • Trijicon Credo 1-10x
  • Primary Arms GLx 1-10x

I have 3 credo scopes, 2 are SFP, 1 is FFP, the SFP are 1-4 & 1- 10, the FFP is a 1-12 or 15, I forget, I got them at the SCI Convention in Nashville 2 yrs ago. I happen to love all 3, but the FFP is awesome

I have been running the Razor G3 1-10x for about 7 months now. The more I use it the better I like it, and I liked it a lot from the get go.
The reticle is great, glass is great, it is easy to get behind. At 1x it is the best red dot sight I have ever looked through, up to around 8x it is very forgiving, at 10x the eye box gets a bit narrow, but that is expected.

I picked it over the ATACR 1-8x, as I can shoot the Razor at 8x but you cant get the ATACR to 10x. I also looked at the Eo-Tech Vudo 1-10x but figured that I did not really like the reticle and the illumination controls on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LRRPF52 and matt33
I have been running the Razor G3 1-10x for about 7 months now. The more I use it the better I like it, and I liked it a lot from the get go.
The reticle is great, glass is great, it is easy to get behind. At 1x it is the best red dot sight I have ever looked through, up to around 8x it is very forgiving, at 10x the eye box gets a bit narrow, but that is expected.

I picked it over the ATACR 1-8x, as I can shoot the Razor at 8x but you cant get the Razor to 10x. I also looked at the Eo-Tech Vudo 1-10x but figured that I did not really like the reticle and the illumination controls on it.
This is my exact experience as well. I love the Vortex 1-10

• Vortex Razor G3 1-10x
  • Trijicon Credo 1-10x
  • Primary Arms GLx 1-10x

After researching the suggestion, adding in the EOTech Vudu 1-10x. I hadnt previously considered this, but looks comparable for feature set.
@koshkin has spoken about these quite a bit on his Locals channel (https://darklordofoptics.locals.com/) you might want to check that out, great information and perspective on optics, alcohol and politics (not necessarily in that order) :sneaky:

I've used the Vortex and the Eotech, and I love my Vortex. The Eotech is made in the same factory as the Vortex, but, I don't know, I just didn't like it as much, didn't like the glass or the reticle as much. It's a little cheaper than the Vortex, and this is entirely speculation, but since it is basically the same housing and glass I *feel* like, and this is not scientific, but like the Eotech is almost the 2nds from the Vortex run. Please don't flame me to death, that's just how I feel about it.

With all that said, for the price difference, I don't think there is anything to be sad about with the Eotech as long as you like the reticle. But, I would choose the Vortex.

It has true 1x and doesn't hurt my eyes or my head and it is usable through the entire magnification range, although personally I mostly use the 10x for just viewing rather than shooting. Turrets are great as one expects from Vortex. I have zero complaints about the Vortex, just a really, really great LPVO.

No experience with the 1-10 Credo, but the same reticle is in the 1-8 VCOG and its an excellent reticle. Dunno if this helps.

I've used the Vortex and the Eotech, and I love my Vortex. The Eotech is made in the same factory as the Vortex, but, I don't know, I just didn't like it as much, didn't like the glass or the reticle as much. It's a little cheaper than the Vortex, and this is entirely speculation, but since it is basically the same housing and glass I *feel* like, and this is not scientific, but like the Eotech is almost the 2nds from the Vortex run. Please don't flame me to death, that's just how I feel about it.
Just because scopes are made at the same factory doesn't mean the same specs were used. LOW is an OEM manufacturer and while some designs may be similar, each scope is built to the spec specified by the principal partner (Vortex, Eotech, Bushnell, etc.) so while each principal partner may ask for a 1-10x24 it doesn't necessarily mean the parts used are the same, the optical formula was the same and so forth, in fact, there is likely a certain amount of intellectual property protection (not sure if I used the right terminology here) that goes on within an OEM so "ACME scopes" can't just call up LOW and say, "hey, build us the exact same scope you make for Vortex".

Just because scopes are made at the same factory doesn't mean the same specs were used. LOW is an OEM manufacturer and while some designs may be similar, each scope is built to the spec specified by the principal partner (Vortex, Eotech, Bushnell, etc.) so while each principal partner may ask for a 1-10x24 it doesn't necessarily mean the parts used are the same, the optical formula was the same and so forth, in fact, there is likely a certain amount of intellectual property protection (not sure if I used the right terminology here) that goes on within an OEM so "ACME scopes" can't just call up LOW and say, "hey, build us the exact same scope you make for Vortex"

Oh for sure! I may not have been clear! 😅 I meant, in comparison between the two, since it's very similar tubes, and very similar glass, and made in the same factory that the Eotech ended up FEELING like a factory 2nd compared to the Vortex. I hope that makes more sense, I don't think Eotech was like hey just make us a cheaper Vortex. I meant, that, like, dimensionally, tube shape, size, glass, turret size, everything is so similar between the two that when I looked through the Vortex and the Eotech, I had a sense of deja vu, but I felt that the Eotech wasn't quite at the same level, hence the like "factory 2nds" feeling. :)

I have used the Trijicon, Vortex 1-10 and the Nightforce 1-8

The Vortex is my favorite followed l by the Nightforce. The Trijicon is third but still a great scope

Reactions: LRRPF52
Oh for sure! I may not have been clear! 😅 I meant, in comparison between the two, since it's very similar tubes, and very similar glass, and made in the same factory that the Eotech ended up FEELING like a factory 2nd compared to the Vortex. I hope that makes more sense, I don't think Eotech was like hey just make us a cheaper Vortex. I meant, that, like, dimensionally, tube shape, size, glass, turret size, everything is so similar between the two that when I looked through the Vortex and the Eotech, I had a sense of deja vu, but I felt that the Eotech wasn't quite at the same level, hence the like "factory 2nds" feeling. :)
That does make sense. It is likely that Eotech did not spec as "high" as the RG3 1-10 which is also indicated (but not necessarily determined) by the price difference. In the optical world you often "get what you pay for" but every now and then some design "punches above its class". It sounds like if you had not had the Vortex to compare the Eotech to, you might have been very impressed with the Eotech and kept it on its own merits? This often happens in my reviews, side by side comparisons can end up being a "splitting hairs" competition with various nuances and factors that affect the perception between one scope and another. Our eyes are also very subjective and like what they like which is why I have no issue that some guys like scope A while others prefer scope B, I think this often happens based on our eyes preference (to certain coatings and color shift, how the scope handles micro contrast, halation, CA and so forth).

That does make sense. It is likely that Eotech did not spec as "high" as the RG3 1-10 which is also indicated (but not necessarily determined) by the price difference. In the optical world you often "get what you pay for" but every now and then some design "punches above its class". It sounds like if you had not had the Vortex to compare the Eotech to, you might have been very impressed with the Eotech and kept it on its own merits? This often happens in my reviews, side by side comparisons can end up being a "splitting hairs" competition with various nuances and factors that affect the perception between one scope and another. Our eyes are also very subjective and like what they like which is why I have no issue that some guys like scope A while others prefer scope B, I think this often happens based on our eyes preference (to certain coatings and color shift, how the scope handles micro contrast, halation, CA and so forth).

Yes, that is kind of a perfect description. I think the Eotech is also a great product, I personally didn't like the reticle as much, but without the Vortex to compare it to I know I'd be very happy with it as it sits, especially if I was looking to save a few hundred dollars. It is only in the side by side that I could notice the difference, but it was one of those things that once I could see it, I couldn't unsee it. It just didn't seem to be quite as good. That's also why I said it was just speculation on my part, I didn't do some in depth scientific analysis with like light transmission and color shift or anything, it was just pure eyeballing! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Glassaholic
I’m not sure how many different LPVOs I’ve used at this point, but they include a bunch of 1-4x24s from when they first hit the market, 1-5s, 1-6s, 1-8s, and now 1-10s.

The thing about Vortex and the 1-6x24s, then the 1-10x24 Razor Gen 3s, is that the bezel and overall scope body ring in your FoV almost disappears.

My Razor Gen III 1-10x is bar far the best LPVO I’ve ever owned. Image quality and lack of distortion is superb. When you first look through a scope like this (if you have a lot of experience with other scopes) is that they really did a great job on these pieces of glass.

You also have to ask what you’re using it for. For me, it rides on my 18” LaRue Grendel, will probably end up on my 12”.

I’m looking at the new 1-10x AMG Vortex, which is even more compact.

This is one of the best videos that goes into detail and practical considerations for several LPVOs in that value class:

Go to 4:57

• Vortex Razor G3 1-10x
  • Trijicon Credo 1-10x
  • Primary Arms GLx 1-10x

Credo is junk... Buy the Razor G3 and don't look back. Haven't looked through a PA GLx 1-10x so can't give an honest opinion, but if it's anything like my cheaper SLx 1-10x28 LPVO, then it will be a hell of a lot of scope for the money.

I just became a dealer for March Optics. I brought in a 1-10 and,a 1.5-15 both dual focal plane. Hard to say which is my favorite but these pretty much blow everything else I've played with out of the water.

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback.

I looked at the Vudu 1-10 and the center dot did not seem to be bright enough, so I somewhat decided against that one.

If the Razor really is that much better (and all of the reviews seem to say that it is) that probably the right solution for me. The con's I had been considering for the RG3 aren't good reasons to not select it.
  • Don't like the weird razor color match for the rifle it's going on.
  • Wanted an un-capped elevation turret.
The 2024 Credo 1-10 appears to still be somewhat of a unknown. I haven't found one to play with, and there's not many reviews out for it.

The March DFP's definitely deserve some more research on my part.

With all that said, for the price difference, I don't think there is anything to be sad about with the Eotech as long as you like the reticle. But, I would choose the Vortex.

It has true 1x and doesn't hurt my eyes or my head and it is usable through the entire magnification range, although personally I mostly use the 10x for just viewing rather than shooting. Turrets are great as one expects from Vortex. I have zero complaints about the Vortex, just a really, really great LPVO.
I do not think the Eotech 1-10x28 and Vortex 1-10x24 are closely related designs. Razor Gen3 1-10x24 design, to the best of my knowledge. is specific to Vortex and is mostly designed by Vortex. The design EOTech uses is LOW's and a couple of other people use its different variants, for example the similar Delta Stryker 1-10x28 that also has side focus.

I think RG3 is a better design, but I have to admit I like EOTech and Delta as well, albeit for different reasons.

With FFP LPVOs, I have had many go through my hands. The ones that ended up staying here are Razor Gen3 1-10x24, Delta Stryker 1-10x28, Primary Arms PLxC 1-8x24 and SAI6 1-6x24.

ILya

I’m looking at the new 1-10x AMG Vortex, which is even more compact.
One thing you have consider with the "short" AMG 1-10 is the compromises made to get a 1-10 in such a compact package, the RG3 1-10 is likely to do just as good if not better especially in the higher magnification range. When we consider "short" optics we have to set expectations accordingly (this is true for the ultra short series of long range scopes as well), if these are going on compact platforms like SBR's, Coverts, etc. and will be used with clipons and other devices that make rail real estate limited, then by all means, but if real estate is not so much a factor, the "longer" scopes will almost always be a better option. But there is also the aesthetic or "cool" factor and I understand that as well, sometimes we look not so much for performance but for how it looks, but something that looks good doesn't always mean it will perform good...

COVERTwithKahlesK624i.png

Reactions: Cody S
One thing you have consider with the "short" AMG 1-10 is the compromises made to get a 1-10 in such a compact package, the RG3 1-10 is likely to do just as good if not better especially in the higher magnification range. When we consider "short" optics we have to set expectations accordingly (this is true for the ultra short series of long range scopes as well), if these are going on compact platforms like SBR's, Coverts, etc. and will be used with clipons and other devices that make rail real estate limited, then by all means, but if real estate is not so much a factor, the "longer" scopes will almost always be a better option. But there is also the aesthetic or "cool" factor and I understand that as well, sometimes we look not so much for performance but for how it looks, but something that looks good doesn't always mean it will perform good...

View attachment 8420023
No real reviews exist of the AMG 1-10, despite it being a "high profile" optic, and very available. Like Dave Chappell says, maybe people are supporting it with their silence.

Depending on your purpose for the optic, I would throw another vote for the March 1-10 Shorty, mine has been a workhorse for three years. It checks every box concerning scope function, ruggedness, optical performance, daylight bright red dot, with bonuses being featherweight, EXCELLENT reticle, and possibly the best turret feedback you can get when you need it. If an intention is work being done behind a thermal, it mates up perfectly with my RH25.
March 1-10 Shorty 2.jpg

March 1-10 Shorty 1.jpg

No real reviews exist of the AMG 1-10, despite it being a "high profile" optic, and very available. Like Dave Chappell says, maybe people are supporting it with their silence.
Not sure what you mean by "very available", this scope is a military contract run and was provided to Daniel Defense with a limited quantity that you could get if you buy one of their rifles, it is my understanding that once they "sell out" that will be it. No "real" reviews due to the limited quantity available to the public. My comments are from limitations of optical design that apply almost universally, I have no doubt the AMG team did a stellar job of correcting for the limitations of this short design but there is only so much you can do to overcome the laws of physics ;)

Reactions: simonp
I think the British Military reviewed it fairly well before purchasing a bunch. Lol

I'd add the Eotech Vudu to the list. The Vortex is probably the nicest of the bunch at all magnifications, but between the two I found the Vudu was more usable at 1x / Low Mag than the Vortex I borrowed (I love my friends, I wouldn't get to compare half the cool shit I do without them)

Personally I'm now running a Vudu on my 5.56 AR

Reactions: mrtoyz
Not sure what you mean by "very available", this scope is a military contract run and was provided to Daniel Defense with a limited quantity that you could get if you buy one of their rifles, it is my understanding that once they "sell out" that will be it. No "real" reviews due to the limited quantity available to the public. My comments are from limitations of optical design that apply almost universally, I have no doubt the AMG team did a stellar job of correcting for the limitations of this short design but there is only so much you can do to overcome the laws of physics ;)
I fully intend to review the AMG 1-10x24 if/when it becomes publicly available as a standalone product. It may a little while before that. Vortex has some military orders to fill.

While a short scope is admittedly hard to build, I think you will pleasantly surprised with how good the AMG is optically.

ILya

Yes, everything I’m mounting optics to is really compact. I have Hubbell telescopes for my long guns, but have lost interest in them.

My 12” Grendel is getting ready to be one of my longer mini-blasters, looking at the ones I shoot the most. I still take the 18” Grendels out, but have been focusing on the 12” since 2017. Anything I do for LR since then, I have taken the 12” Grendel as my primary focus. I don’t see much difference from shooter perspective between 12”, 16”, and 18” Grendels when maintaining sight picture and spotting my own impacts on steel.

I also have a 10.5” Grendel that needs compact, high-capability glass. I’ve been looking at the March Shorties and another RG3 or AMG 1-10x, but I need extreme low-profile turrets. Set-and-forget is what I’m looking for since we have reticles anyway.

I have an even shorter Grendel than 10.5” in the works as well. Still out-performs 18-20” 5.56.

12” Grendel will shoot the 80gr Hammers at ~2800fps.

I’m almost-always 1st-round connecting with steel at 760-800yds with these little Grendels, hence my need for compact, high-capability LPVOs or MPVOs.

I understood what you meant, thanks for the comparison. personally I can't get behind nearly any optic before I buy so I like to read.

Unrelated to OP, but related to a few of posts mentioning the March 1-10... I had the Gen2 version with the FMC-2 reticle and returned after a few days. I need/ want my LPVOs to have very bright reticles (NF NX8 & ATACR, Vortex G3) and contrary to the posts above, I found the brightness to be underwhelming (it had a fresh battery). I did like pretty much everything else about it...

Partly it was just the brightness, and partly it was the fine line of the reticle that was lit. In the vastly subjective realm of "brightness," I'd call it daylight visible-ish. My comparative recollection is hazy (dare I say blurry) but I'd put it near the PA PLxC 1-8, which I also wanted to love but is't bright enough for me.

Related to OP, the Vortex G3 is pretty great.

Unrelated to OP, but related to a few of posts mentioning the March 1-10... I had the Gen2 version with the FMC-2 reticle and returned after a few days. I need/ want my LPVOs to have very bright reticles (NF NX8 & ATACR, Vortex G3) and contrary to the posts above, I found the brightness to be underwhelming (it had a fresh battery). I did like pretty much everything else about it...

Partly it was just the brightness, and partly it was the fine line of the reticle that was lit. In the vastly subjective realm of "brightness," I'd call it daylight visible-ish. My comparative recollection is hazy (dare I say blurry) but I'd put it near the PA PLxC 1-8, which I also wanted to love but is't bright enough for me.

Related to OP, the Vortex G3 is pretty great.
FMC-2 reticle only comes in the FFP version of the March. The daybright version of that scope is the one with dual reticles: DR-TR1 and DR-1.

ILya

FMC-2 reticle only comes in the FFP version of the March. The daybright version of that scope is the one with dual reticles: DR-TR1 and DR-1.

ILya

👍 You beat me to it ILya 😁 - I have both of these and what I was referring to in my post to the OP - I should've made that clear.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Thank you for that clarification.

Can either of you speak to the brightness on the 1-10 with the dual reticle as compared to the dual reticle 1.5-15 with the same reticle? That one I have... While it is brighter than the FFP 1-10, I'd--again, subjectively--not put it in the brightest category...

🤦🏻‍♂️

Thank you for that clarification.

Can either of you speak to the brightness on the 1-10 with the dual reticle as compared to the dual reticle 1.5-15 with the same reticle? That one I have... While it is brighter than the FFP 1-10, I'd--again, subjectively--not put it in the brightest category...
Its bright

Reactions: Deepwoods
I hope you’re able to look through a 1-10 before you get one. I’ve looked through the Razor HD 1-10. At the top end, the eye box was so small I think it’s not good enough. It also got really dark. The 28mm objective lenses should be better, but that causes warping issues at 1x.

If you can’t look through one with your own eye, do a lot of research before you get a 1-10.

This is one of the best videos that goes into detail and practical considerations for several LPVOs in that value class:

Go to 4:57

Just looking at this video...

Do Kahles and S&B share some DNA? The externally the k18i and S&B 1-8 dual CCs look close?

Edit: Never-mind, this is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever said.

Last edited: