• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

17 year old with "replica" shot by police- Al Sharpton's team is on the Job- updated with body cam footage

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman

A tragedy

SNIP
A Fullerton police officer shot and killed a 17-year-old girl on the 91 Freeway in Anaheim on Friday night, but it was unclear what prompted the shooting, authorities said.
In a statement issued Tuesday morning, the family of Hannah Williams also called on the Rev. Al Sharpton to intervene in the case, and urged the city to suspend the officer involved in the shooting.
A replica handgun designed to look identical to a Beretta 92 FS handgun was recovered at the scene.

replica.JPG

"We want Rev. Sharpton to shine a light on what happened here in Anaheim," said Benson Williams, the girl's father. "We want to know why police felt the need to shoot and kill a 17-year-old unarmed teen girl."
Relatives are expected to be joined at a news conference Tuesday afternoon by the Rev. Jarrett Maupin of Sharpton's National Action Network, along with NAACP officials.

"She looked angry and she was walking towards him, the officer. ... She raised both arms with a 9mm gun and he had to shoot her. He shot her. Three times. Bang bang bang."
blob:https://www.nbclosangeles.com/012d7fe5-adcd-44fc-9be8-ba4fc7f76278

---on the local radio-- I can't find a copy yet--
S. Lee Merritt, the family's attorney. says the earthquake had something to do with the shooting. He went on to say the police are not saying the replica had anything to do with the shooting....
https://www.merrittesq.com/ ( I think this is the lawyer)

(and yes- quake was about 1 hour later and 190 miles away)

--
here is the camera

Last edited:
Some mental issues going on here, possibly. Very sad, but if she did point it at the officer, he had to do, what he had to do. Article is very vague. I don't believe cops have gotten to the point of having a "throw down" weapon, or is this something we have to start worrying about? I really hope not. Mac

Last edited:
Darwin wins again...

You know, Rev. Al and his ilk could do a tremendous amount of 'good' in cases like this if they wanted to educate their communities about things like 'how to not get shot by the cops.' Rule 1. Don't point realistic toy guns at them!

But they won't do that. Because they won't get millions in donations, TV time, riots, relevance and a chance to attack the foundations of America...

They are capitalist opportunists and their stock in trade is race-baiting. The more dead in their communities, the more money they rake in and the more attention they get to feed their own egos.

Disgusting... and sad for an officer whose life is forever changed because of an idiot who should have known better.

Sirhr

P.S. This is why body cams are going to be far better for officers than for dirtbags... For every officer who gets 'nailed' doing something untoward on body cam... 100 will have their lives and careers protected. For that one... who wants them around anyway. Go work for Wackenhut. Follow your training, cameras are your friend!

This is a case where I really hope we can see some unedited bodycam footage covering the entire event from all officers involved and with no "gaps" or "Camera wasn't working".

That might be the best thing to clear this case up quickly.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
From the eye witness account it seems pretty straight forward.

"Witness Renay Arnold told NBC4 she saw Williams standing on the freeway outside of her vehicle and approaching the officer despite multiple commands by the officer that she stop.
"She looked angry and she was walking towards him, the officer. ... She raised both arms with a 9mm gun and he had to shoot her. He shot her. Three times. Bang bang bang."

Looks like the father could of prevented his daughters death by calling 4 hours earlier . He didn't wait that long to call Al Sharpen though, he wants his money from the city. Glad the Officer is alive though and yes its a tough job but someone has to do it. Also wonder if that was her fathers toy gun he kept in his car ?

Reactions: gunman_7
I think mom and dad are divorced.... same thing- mom never mentioned GTA during the press release.

Dad claims daughter is white

Mom's spokesman said she was 1/2 black and 1/2 latino

So both guys came in her then....

So this tragic situation looks to be the fault of those antidepressants.
Well known to make young people go crazy and do bad stuff.

My guess is she either changed her dose or stopped / started a dose.

The video is a bit hard to see in the beginning, but it does look like she was on the crazy train and ran smack into where crazy stops.

Once again these stupid "doctors" push these drugs on people despite all the warnings and evidence that does really bad things.

So future disability and diabeetus candidate points a firearm at a cop and gets shot?

I can't figure out what is even wrong with that. Hell, even if there was some fine line there, the fact that she was in those yoga pants was enough for me to order her thrown off that bridge.

I mean, look at that pic of her face down on the pavement. The gravitational law of canned ham is in full effect to where her ass is still standing straight up.

Last edited:
Why do the parents want to bring even more shame on themselves by making a great big case out of what is plainly suicide unless they are just trying for a payout . Once you see the video footage it's plainly a tragic situation but not the Policeman's fault . Drug induced suicidal tendencies that's what meth does and antidepressants are bad also and anti malaria drugs .

Last edited:
It is NEVER the fault of the parents, we know that guys. If the girl was on pharmaceuticals I am sure the parents never took her to see her doctor/therapist, never discussed the prescription with the doctor/therapist and never had to pay for said prescription.

How about suing the company that made the replica look too much like the real thing?

For most people personal accountability is a thing of the past and in this case it got someones daughter killed.

Shame all the audio wasn't cut out. Feel like my good ear is being raped anytime I hear a cop yelling so fucking loud that it distorts the audio.

How about suing the company that made the replica look too much like the real thing?

Somebody did take the time to paint over the orange tip on the replica.
It's been illegal to import and manufacture toy replicas without that for some time.
Perhaps the girl herself did it.

My guess is she either changed her dose or stopped / started a dose.
How 'bout she was simply a piece of shit.
And there's really only one reason why you'd be cruising around in your rental car with a replica gun, either you or you dirtbag associates are out there robbing folks.

How 'bout she was simply a piece of shit.
And there's really only one reason why you'd be cruising around in your rental car with a replica gun, either you or you dirtbag associates are out there robbing folks.

That is very possibly true.

I would also however point out that there is a very large amount of documented evidence that antidepressants when used on children or teenagers have a very strong likelihood of causing violent, suicidal, irrational actions. Ethical therapists usually recommend the families watch out for suicidal or self harm tendencies very closely for the first month going on or off antidepressants, or for a month when changing doses.

The problem is that the antidepressants make you feel basically Blah the entire time and like you are living in a mediocre funk so lots of folks stop taking them and hence the very real expression "going off their meds".

I would lean towards the young woman was having a reaction to medication in some way and was having a severe mental lapse with reality.
She may have had the replica gun for a number of reasons but probably had some kind of suicidal wish when she rammed into the police car on purpose and then started the confrontation with a toy gun.

Then, way too late she realized getting shot hurt as her body going into shock started to override her brain being on crazy and bring her back down to earth.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
its a good thing that girls gun was fake.............he had to "tap and rack" his gun about 4 times..........

I noticed that but didn't know why he was doing it, must of been the dust and rust from not using or training with the firearm. Or Or built up Jelly residue similar to molasses in the winter.

Duh. There's an election coming. its time to sensationalize police shootings and sow division.