• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors 1911 Build

hk24

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2003
USA
Here are a couple photos of a 1911 that I built for Ken Hackathorn. He was pleased with the results. I was honored to build a pistol for him. His 1911 collection is quite extensive. His knowledge of the 1911 is even more extensive than his collection.

DSC_3861.jpg

DSC_3864.jpg

DSC_3866-1.jpg

And the man himself with his new blaster.

DSC_3868.jpg

Lynn

Re: 1911 Build

Looks great!!! Series 70 or 80? Does it have a Wilson/Nowlin or Clark feed ramp? I'm considering taking Larry Vickers class this year. Do you have any formal schooling on 1911s? It's just an interest for me, but like most interests, it'll get out of hand and probably out of budget...

That, My friend is a beautiful weapon. You have done Mr Browning proud. Looks like a lot of work went into that. On My list of things to do before I die,lol, is to build my own 1911. Bout to start rounding up the supplies for that this month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great!!! Series 70 or 80? Does it have a Wilson/Nowlin or Clark feed ramp? I'm considering taking Larry Vickers class this year. Do you have any formal schooling on 1911s? It's just an interest for me, but like most interests, it'll get out of hand and probably out of budget... </div></div>

It is a Series 70 type. It has a Wilson Combat gunsmith frame and Caspian slide. The feed ramp is a standard 1911. I have taken Larry's class and a couple others.

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Lynn