• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk 1st Gen Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x 56mm Mildot w/no Zero Stop Vs…

Riflman

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2019
I’ve had this riflescope for a long time but it was mostly used for LR varmints and that was some years ago, though I might start again now that I moved to ND. I’m considering starting PRS, or at least giving it a try, but my 1st gen NXS has no zerostop.

I haven’t even shot a match yet. Did F-Class over 20 years ago, but no PRS, and while I thought about using this scope, I am thinking that not having a zerostop will be a big headache. I’m considering selling it and getting something else. The lack of zero stop has always been kind of pain anyway.

Any advice here?

Can you use it for the prs game? Absolutely! Could thing possibly be better with a different scope? For sure, but if budget is an issue the use what you have and just have fun.

I’m going to tag this dude. @USMCSGT0331 this might be a scope of interest for a PM chat

It can be done. This is almost the same scope I started with except mine was a NP-R1 reticle. I ran it at 11 power.

That said, I did transition to a FFP mil based scope not long after I started.

That scope is SFP isn't it... so you have actually map the reticle to see where it lines up

You'll want 1/2 power numbers at 11x, cause your reticle will double, the lack of zero stop is the least of your worries

You really don't want to shoot positional stuff on 22x, I know some do, but it's not as easy.

okay. Well I just bought a Arken Ep5 and am going to sell my Nightforce.