• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

22LR recoil enhancer

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
I was looking to increase the felt recoil from my 15-22 for better practice on 3-gun type shooting. My searches are coming up with mentions of devices, but not anything current. Is it as simple as a reverse design from standard brakes? Port it mostly down and forward?

There's only so much energy in a 22lr. In a semi auto a lot of that is already spent reliably cycling the action. You'd need more energy added, some sort of spring or pneumatic system which would feel wonky.

I went the other way and made my 3 gun rifle recoil like a 22. Pew pew!

My 10/22 already recoils more than my 3 gun rifle, I can't imagine a 15-22 is much different.

There used to be some muzzle devices that were supposed to increase back-pressure; not sure how/if that would translate into felt recoil though. IIRC people were using them to increase reliability in full auto .22 conversions.

Floating chamber designs have been used to increase recoil. I believe the colt ace and Remington speed master use the design.

Not the best way to go imo. better to use smaller targets. when they are proportionally smaller, the recoil acts about the same.

Reactions: ZG47A
I have a solution but it requires a monkey and a stick.
help.jpg

Reactions: ZG47A