• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

25x47L AR10 - Supersonic to a mile @ 2300 DA

257 Blackjack

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2018
BFE+, OK
www.blackjackbullets.com
Got some great messages from an AR10 shooter today.

25x47L running 2850 - 2950 from 24" tube.

131 ACE at 2950 fps yields about 1640 yds Supersonic at 0 DA and 1760+ yards at 2300+ DA. Not bad for a little cartridge and little bullet.

General feeding testing and powder ladders today. Shooter said with a little tuning to Lancer Mags they are flying into the chamber without a hitch.

I'll be sending out my 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 to the chop shop for a 25 Cal upgrade very soon. Been meaning to do it but this fella worked out a lot of the kinks before I got around to it.

Now that he's lined out feeding and general pressure windows, I can't wait to see what kind of load tuning he can wring out of this type of setup.

I wonder how the primers look with those SR primers, as well as whether the firing pin is small and a tight fit to the hole in the bolt? Basically I'm asking if they are blanking or close to it?

That would be great for inclement weather days and load development for sure.

Last edited:
Could you explain to me that tube your shooting into.

It appears to be concrete pipe, possably elliptical. Typically used for storm water drainage, but I've seen it used for underground rifle range or fallout shelter.

Reactions: Codiekfx400