• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Edge load development

Highbrass

Pew Tang Clan
Minuteman
My tastes in rifles and calibers is somewhat varied. I really love some of the 7mm/284 loadings and I love experimenting. I use this forum extensively for information and ideas. After some research into 338 cal I was really grooving on the 338 edge. The concept was simple and as a bonus already shot a 300 RUM. One of my issues in finding good load data. I'm still developing my own loads and compiling data on various powders and projectiles. If you would like to share please add you own.

Go to Defensive Edge - they developed the cartridge and have a lot of info on it on their web site. I do not run mine as hard as they do - I am running 86.3 of Retumbo with 300 grain projectiles at 2675.

I found a great load with R33 but it's become almost impossible to find. Also had good luck with Retumbo and lots of guys prefer H1000.

I took 92grs h1k and one of the cheap 250gr bullets ravenrocksprecision is selling and it has never shot better.