• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X .22 trainer

mbandy13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2005
Fishers Indiana
just wanted to show off my 40X .22 trainer shoots great with wolf ammo and I have been getting great results shooting all the way out to 300yrds.

22trainerjpg.jpg

Re: 40X .22 trainer

the bolt knob is steel and I had a buddy do it for me, he's a master
machinest. He's done a few of them for me.

40X built in 1965
Badger 20moa base
IOR 4-14
IOR rings
Mcmillan LOD stock cut out in the back
Williams steel trigger guard

That's sweet, Do you have a closer picture of the bottom metal and the bolt handle? I'm building one now on the cheap and will be making modifing some things myself and am looking for ideas. I'm using one of the Choate Stocks; yes I know its cheap but it's a 22 after all.

Donald

wow Don, u have another ? Did you get your Choate stock ? I did and after using it for a while, and I decided to go to a MCM route. Just wondering what your opinions are on it. I had put the 40x into mine, just did not care for the feel of it.

Don you are the 40x man ! And thanks again !

I'll take some more photos for ya, and try and get some close ups. I really never thought a .22 could be this much fun again but once I shot my buddy phylodog's 40X I had to have one, and mine has been that great too.

mike

HI Padron, ya I got the Choate last week. I've been working on it's flaws. There was alot of flash from the mold process and I knew I'd have to cut down the RH corner because of the 721 style safety. I blocked the mag well yesterday and will glass bed the action to the stock this week. The butt stock is hollow and drums so I'll fill it with expaining foam and lead shot to add weight. The slick feeling I took care of with Acetone as I think the mold release agent was still on the plastic. I would say if I did it again I'd go with a H&S for another 50.00 or so as it would be a hell of a lot less work to set up. Donald

the knob is steel and is knarled, its tuff to see it in the photo, then there are three rings cut in that have a rubber ring placed into the slots.

mike

Ok I see that now. Thanks for the info. A couple simple Orings and you have a nice non-slip grip.

I took mine out today in a Choate stock and shot it. It did well and I think I'm still going to skim bed the action to the stock even though I do not think I will make any diference. I filled the butt with old 22 bullets and expanding foam. Makes if feel alot less cheap and helps anchor the back really well.

Thanks for the post and photos Mike. I enjoy the info and helps me think through my build by seeing what others have done.

Donald