• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5-7PRC ???

I would go with a 7 ss. Would outrun the 6.5 based 7 prc. Adg brass is pretty good stuff. I personally think lapua is better but some would argue

I have several Sherman cartridges and love what they offer. But, I am also thinking about running off that 6.5 prc case because of lapua brass being an option. Im talking to a smith now about a shorty 6mm prc launching 105-115 grainers 3400+

18 in proof suppressed. Should be a nightmare on coyotes and deer

Already have a 25 sst but a 25 prc would be pretty sweet as well

Sounds like he wants to neck a 7 prc down to 6.5. I have a 6.5 ss, so that'd be my vote. Maybe 6.5 sherman max?

Or the mega, as the 7 prc is already a long action.
I think the mega is only offered in 7, .300, and .338. The original 6.5 sherman is a long action, but on a .473 bolt face, and has almost the exact same capacity as a 7prc.

I think the mega is only offered in 7, .300, and .338. The original 6.5 sherman is a long action, but on a .473 bolt face, and has almost the exact same capacity as a 7prc.
Correct! but im guessing the OP isn't worried about properly headstamped brass either if he is talking about a necked down 7prc.

As far as the original line of Shermans, incredible cartridges. but from what ive heard, more case prep than some, if not most, are willing to do anymore.

Currently have a 6.5 max being built by Kinport Peak rifles. Will have to do a write up on it once i have it back and do some testing. Im relatively new to the hide and slow to pick up how and where to post things without getting chastised like a gradeschool girlscout

Reactions: Nomad Farrier
I did a 6.5 LRM around 6 years ago. Underwhelming.

140's at 3175 with the best performance just over 3125'ish. A little over 3200 could be done... but it would pressure up on a hot day. The most disappointing aspect of it was that despite being way faster than a 6.5 creedmoor or 6.5 PRC... it didn't bring any real world benefit past 1100yds. The 6.5's just don't want to play well out there. Conversely, moving over to the 7LRM with a bigger bullet going significantly slower... I could crush targets out past a mile.

GYSumzkh.jpg

I thought about doing this just to run the heavy 6.5s, 156 and up, and have somewhat easy availability and ease of the brass. Headstamps really don't matter to me.

Reactions: Surdez1994
My hesitation would be brass. But im guessing lapua will eventually manufacture the 7 prc brass as well. Im hopefully gonna have a 6.5 max this spring running in a defiance anti medium action. Should be a pretty sweet round for the 156 eol

What kind of barrel life are you expecting? That was a huge reason I wanted a 7mm in a short action. I went with a 7mm- 6.5 PRC.

I ordered through PVA, they have a 7 -6.5 PRC and a 7-300 PRC. But this thread is about a 6.5- 7 PRC. So that's a whole different animal