• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6gt

I'm 30 rounds deep in my proof competition contour 6GT barrel, so far N150 and H4350 are shooting great around 2850 with Dtacs.

Just for fun I loaded 112 match burners up today with 39 grains N160, 6 shots total averaged 2825 with an SD of 12.
The 1" group is .025 off the lands, the other .050 off.
View attachment 8422557View attachment 8422558

Looks like there's promise, and that you're not losing too much velocity with the N160...although I'm guessing 39gr of it is getting compressed a bit.

Looks like there's promise, and that you're not losing too much velocity with the N160...although I'm guessing 39gr of it is getting compressed a bit.
Yep slight crunch but not to the point of affecting seating depth consistency, I'll bet it'd be really good in a 6 creed

Reactions: diggler1833
My barrel is loving 112 MBs .060 off the lands with a mild 36 grains of H4350, it's averaging 2825 and hasn't sped up yet.
20240524_201018.jpg

Looks nice. How are they shooting at distance for you?
What ES or SD are you getting with the 4350?
In general the 112s shoot awesome at distance, but I haven't taken this rifle out beyond the 100 yard line yet.. Hopefully this weekend.
SD isn't awesome at 12 but it's virgin brass so maybe it'll improve a little on the 2nd firing.

Jumped on the 6gt bandwagon last week after getting my barrel. I'm having issues using the rcbs precision mic tool to find the lands. No matter how loose or tight I make the set screw, the "bullet" of the mic is getting stuck in the lands. Sanity check, I measured the "bullet", 0.2425 inches.

I used a rcbs precision mic on my 6.5 creed no issues. This is my first 6mm family adventure. I have a modified case coming to try that way.

Jumped on the 6gt bandwagon last week after getting my barrel. I'm having issues using the rcbs precision mic tool to find the lands. No matter how loose or tight I make the set screw, the "bullet" of the mic is getting stuck in the lands. Sanity check, I measured the "bullet", 0.2425 inches.

I used a rcbs precision mic on my 6.5 creed no issues. This is my first 6mm family adventure. I have a modified case coming to try that way.

Multiple ways of finding the lands. I used to use the Hornady kit, but the results from multiple tests frequently spanned .010, so I guess I must have been doing it wrong.

Nowadays I just use a piece of fired brass, and I lightly coat the back of the bullet's bearing surface in blue Loctite before loosely putting them together (long). I wipe the excess off before chambering, close the bolt which pushes the bullet the rest of the way back, and then let it sit ~30 minutes. It is an easy clean up, a case neck brush and about 10 seconds and the brass is reusable.

There are better ways, but this one works for me.

I think you'll like your GT. Best of luck.

Correct, so if I used my Hornady comparators and got measurements off said bullet and gave you MY measurements, it wouldn't be the same that you get. The SAC and Area419 allows it to be repeatable from shooter to shooter. That is the selling point of the latter.

The Hornady gets you there, it's just sloppier.

So if my shooting buddy and I are shooting a team match, we live in different states, and want the same load and length to our rounds... All we do is send numbers to each other. We arrive at said match and have exactly the same ammo.

Lord have mercy…….The Hide keeps revealing ways for me to spend money.

Forever a poor…….but I’ll have some cool gear. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: NiteQwill
Has anyone tried any of the ELD-VT bullets in their 6GT? I called and talked to GAP and they were messing around with them, but no load data to share. They recommended joining the facebook forum, but its been weeks and haven't been added to the group.

Took the left load (below photo) out to 655 today to verify velocity and see if accuracy would hold up. Normally I do that at 300, but I had cows in the way.
20240509_132530.jpg

Wind was super mild, only about a 1-2 MPH crosswind, so i just held dead on. I usually gain ~30 FPS when I true velocity over my cheap chronograph, but this time I lost that much.
20240528_143206.jpg

Took a tape measure to it. 2-1/4" on the nose. I know, only five shots, but I'll take it. The 105 Hybrid seems to hover around 3/8 MOA in this barrel with multiple powders. This group may have been a fluke...but that's happened a couple times now. Vertical was only about an inch.
20240528_145152.jpg

27", 1:8, Krieger. Chambered by Matt Stewart.

105 Hybrid, 36.7gr H4350, Fed GM205MAR, 1x fired Alpha, 1.947 CBTO.

Shot first 30 rounds out of my first 6mm barrel and 6gt yesterday and today. Got all the way to the range and realized I forgot my cleaner for break in 😑.

First 10 were a light load of h4350 at 34.5gr. Dry patch clean after every 3 shots. Gave it a good cleaning back at the house. Two wet patches and the barrel was clean.

Today I loaded 20 rounds, 5 each of 0.03, 0.04, 0.05, and 0.06" off the lands. 36.5 H4350, 109 Bergers. Forgot how much I love berger. Every bullet I weighed was 109.0gr.

Groupings were meh, 1 moa to half moa.

Speed was 2850-2868 fps.

One thing that has me puzzled is the bolt is difficult to close. Opening it after each firing was no issue. I've confirmed I'm not stuffing the bullet into the lands. Virgin Alpha OCD 6GT brass.

With the barrel off, the cases are snug when I manually insert an empty case.

Any suggestions? Planned on shooting this barrel at GAP's range this weekend for a match. Wondering if I should spin the 6.5c back on.

Ran into an issue at a match last weekend. Had 2 lots of powder and rounds were mixed in so i was sending shots way high. Super frustrating.

Came home and took 40 lbs of H4350, dumped into a bin, mixed it together then put back into 8 lb jugs. Should help with lot to lot issues.

Sending all my cases through the fl sizing die fixed that issue of difficulty closing the bolt.

I'm out of time for load development. Leaving for KC tonight for the match tomorrow.

35gr of varget .040" off the lands was one hole, about 3/8moa. I'll take it. But I had heavy bolt lift and light ejector marks on the brass. Tried 34gr this morning. Grouped ok at 100. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
34/35 grs of varget is a stupid hot load. No wonder you are having issues. Add heat/moisture and a dirty gun, it's only going to get worse. Knock 2-3 grains off and try again.

Sending all my cases through the fl sizing die fixed that issue of difficulty closing the bolt.

I'm out of time for load development. Leaving for KC tonight for the match tomorrow.

35gr of varget .040" off the lands was one hole, about 3/8moa. I'll take it. But I had heavy bolt lift and light ejector marks on the brass. Tried 34gr this morning. Grouped ok at 100. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Do you mean H4350? Cuz 35 gr of Varget is crazy fast and a good way of killing a barrel, or worse...

Yup learned that today at the GAP/MOST match today. Going to try 32-33gr. Wasn't seeing really any pressure signs today but my rifle did go down 3 shots away from cleaning a stage.

Many thanks to the guys that helped me out to get my rifle back up.

Yup learned that today at the GAP/MOST match today. Going to try 32-33gr. Wasn't seeing really any pressure signs today but my rifle did go down 3 shots away from cleaning a stage.

Many thanks to the guys that helped me out to get my rifle back up.
Go down how?

Go down how?
Probably from the warm to hot load I used; 34.5 of varget with 109s. Stage 5 I had a bad ejection where the case didn't eject, ran the bolt forward, spent case and the new round bonded with each other in the feed ramp. I was going for a clean stage 9/9 on that stage of 12 possible points. With that stuck case i wasnt able to clear it before timing out. Thankfully that was last stage before lunch.

Found one of the GAP guys and we looked at the bolt. The extractor was very loose. Worse they had felt. Another shooter was running a tempest and had a spare extractor.

Thought that fixed the issue until the 2nd stage of the afternoon. Cases wouldn't eject. Had to finger each one out. Also found I was missing high. Checked with a chrono real quck; 2978 with the 109, up from the 2875 in the morning. So hot.

Found this time the ejector was flush with the bolt face. We got the roll pin out but ejector wouldn't fall out. After some persuasion it came out. Along with a little piece of brass shaving.

Probably from the load I was using. Was told to try 32.8gr with the 109s. Did a 5 shot group of 32.0-33.0 this evening. 32.2-32.4 gave me single digit SDs and nice little groups. Stripped the bolt today and got a little flake of brass out.

Huge thank-you to Caleb, Luke, and Zach for the help and coaching this weekend.