• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm BR blank?

nockhunter

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2010
    upstate ny
    Anyone have a line on how to make a blank in 6br? I have found very little on line about this.

Mike

Anyone have a line on how to make a blank in 6br? I have found very little on line about this.

Mike
    If it’s a blank by definition it can’t be 6br
    Once it’s chambered for 6br it is no longer a blank

Read it all wrong, took the wrong meaning

Last edited:
    Reactions: Taylorbok
    Unless he means a blank cartridge? Like all bang no bullet.
    Oh, yeah probably, duh
    1711508942636.gif

A 6BR blank cartridge. All powder no bullet, just noise.
    Thanks for nothing.

Mike
    Wow, fuck this guy

Last edited:
    I've never had good experiences with them, but I guess it depends on what you'd want it for. The muzzle end is still dangerous when you pull the trigger, even with 'just' a blank loaded.

There's no data because it's dumb. The closest and most reasonable thing you'll find is something like cream of wheat fire forming loads.

Reactions: Taylorbok
    My son is going to compete in a sniper type challenge. Shooting, fieldcraft, stalking then discharge a blank to simulate a sniper shot without detection. He is using a 6BR, hence the need for a 6BR blank. Not dumb, blanks are used all the time for different purposes. We are not going to just pop off noise makers. I know the dangers of "just" a blank.

Mike

My son is going to compete in a sniper type challenge. Shooting, fieldcraft, stalking then discharge a blank to simulate a sniper shot without detection. He is using a 6BR, hence the need for a 6BR blank. Not dumb, blanks are used all the time for different purposes. We are not going to just pop off noise makers. I know the dangers of "just" a blank.

Mike

Just use a primed case. The primer is about like a blackcat going off.

Blank rounds are kind of a niche market, that's why it's hard to find info.

You will need a star type die to close the neck. I would also put some primer sealant in the center as a precaution, especially if they will be used in a field scenario. Most of the star crimp dies I have seen are 22 and 30 caliber, but I had blanks made for 338 LM so who knows what you will find.
    As far as the charge goes; half of a normal charge should be enough. It shouldn't matter as long as it builds enough pressure to open the star crimp for reloading.

My son is going to compete in a sniper type challenge. Shooting, fieldcraft, stalking then discharge a blank to simulate a sniper shot without detection.
    Blanks in .mil discharged with the "blank firing adapters"...or am i not remembering this correctly?....

Last edited:
    Blanks in .mil we discharged with the "blank firing adapters"...or am i not remembering this correctly?....you definitely weret pointing stufff that goes bang downrange looking at people....especially people looking directly at you...o_O

Yes, but that’s to get the autoloaders to cycle. We didn’t use a BFA on the m24, just the blanks.

ETA: We also always had a min engagement “safety kill” rule, even with the BFA, so that you don’t torch one off a guy’s head 6’ away.

Last edited: