• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6mm Remington

Huckleberry75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • I google-fu'd some of the older posts and found some pros v. cons between 243 & 6mm. I have dies and brass for both, so I think that I am going to run the 6mmRem for the extra performance and longer case necks. I have an action that I am going to build up with a 1x8"tw 26" tube. My question is, does anyone have any load data for this cartridge that has worked well for them? I have the usual suspects on reloading books, but just wanted to gleen some "real world loadings" from fellow SH reloaders. Looking to develop 2 loads for the gun, one for punching paper/steel to 1000 and one for whitetail/'Lope & 'yotes. The loads will probably run any of the following, the Berger 95 VLD, 107 SMK, 105 amax for paper/steel and maybe the 70 Blitzking or the 75/87 Vmax for soft targets. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or warped opinions?
    smile.gif

OK, commence the flaming for not building a 243.

Re: 6mm Remington

Mag constraints on the 6mm Rem won't let you take full advantage of the longer bullets. Of course, the shorter lighter bullets will really zing out of the 6mm Rem compared to the 243.