• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

7 SAUM Tikka

BallisticPrimate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Hide, please educate me on the best AI style mags for a 7 SAUM on a Tikka action. I have a CDI long action DBM ready to roll. Cheers, BP

Are saum cases too fat for 300WM magazines.
I know the WSM cases can have issues in them.

Hopefully this will help. I’m running 338 lapua AICS mag in CDI bottom metal to feed a T3 in 300WSM. feeds great. Oh ya, and a long action bolt stop. Oh ya and I did add a feed ramp to the receiver.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
I might go the same route. I assume the MDT Tikka mags at 3.56. don't require a MDT chassis i.e. the mag is compatible with standard long action AICS DBM

The shorter MDT mags I don’t think will work in your CDI bottom metal. You need the standard length mags to fit. You need a different DBM to run the short 3.56 mdt mags.

I might go the same route. I assume the MDT Tikka mags at 3.56. don't require a MDT chassis i.e. the mag is compatible with standard long action AICS DBM

I haven't tried it yet, my thought was that I'd have someone weld up the space, 3.56 vs 3.75, epoxy would probably work as well. XLR is making the element in a 3.56 too I keep hoping someone will start making a Tikka long action BM. Hells Canyon has mags that fit the factory BM.