• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Hide Story. We Change Lives For The Better.

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    So, as some of you know we have a bunch of Deplorables here that love to change lives for the better from time to time. We get involved and make things happen for a wide array of cause's. Some just for shits n giggles, some for extraordinary people, young and old. Some Military causes, some LEO/EMS, some chivalry, and some just because we can.

For those of you new to the place, I would encourage you to delve into some of the Good Guys With Guns antics we enjoy, and you guys that have been around awhile, if you'd like to join in as well that would be an added bonus. We can always use more horsepower to help people out. There is ZERO pressure to be involved in each an every foray we get into. You are more than welcome to pick and choose what little adventures to be a part of. I guess what this is called is like Crowd Funding. Pulling our collective hearts together and making some pretty cool things happen for others. Sometimes each other, just for the hell of it.

Having said that, it's time for me to share a personal experience that is still ongoing. Back around the middle of June a few people I know got together with an idea, behind the scenes, and started gathering other like minded folks that have been involved in some of our missions over the years. Unbeknownst to me, approximately 30 of my friends here decided they were going to do something for myself. I know, I know. I'm still uncertain as well.

Anyhow, it's apparently fairly well known among my circle that I've got a naked barreled action I picked up on here some time ago. Been asked tons of times "What are ya gonna put on it". I finally picked up a Stock that didn't work out and have been trying to get something together to be able to actually shoot the damn thing. Next thing you know I'm invited into a group PM where these conniving bastards had been hanging out behind my back and putting this thing together. Well, it's nothing short of EPIC!!! And it's going on like 100 pages of PM's at this point.

The long and the short of it is this. These guys, these Good Guys With Guns came together, raised like $1,800 US, yep, $1,800 and bought THIS GUY a Manners of his choosing. Well, I've never had a Manners or any other high end Stock for that matter, but one is on it's way. It came down to them wanting me to have EXACTLY what I want. Nothing less, nothing more, and it doesn't surprise me in the least.

We have some incredible people on here, and I can't over emphasize that. I know. I myself have been involved in a number of events and was the Bank for a good number of them. And in turn, I've also been blessed with a number of gifts from Members that are incredibly humbling all by themselves. We just do good things for deserving people and love surprising some of our Members with things from time to time. So ya, a Manners T4A-Team Elite Tactical w/Mini Chassis in Black Forest Camo with all the fixings is on the way. I'll post it up when it arrives.

I can't thank the 30 involved in this enough for the funny, and extremely kind, gesture. Humbling is an understatement, and I thank each and every one of you for this incredible gift of a lifetime.

So if you like to do random good deeds from time to time, and possibly be on the receiving end of something beyond words, we're your Huckleberry. We'd love to have more people involved in this.

1J04

Last edited:
    giphy (26).gif

Wow! How awesome of a story is that? It’s almost like the perfect country and western song. Except that it’s not like the perfect country and western song because you didn’t mention propane, fleshlights, rye whiskey, prison, handcuffs, crazy moaning women in the back ground, or two dudes names Chan.

Oh, on a side note...

I went to your Amazon store to buy some of “That Fabulous Baker Boy’s Bottled Tears”, and the site says they are on back order. Any idea when a new shipment will be coming in? Thanks.

Hi,

Hey wait a minute @1J04 ....

I am so confused....I thought you were in County Jail due to some eco-terrorist activities with a propane canister and that the funds were to fill your commissary account up so you could stop cleaning other inmates cells for cheetos and cup-a-soups. But most importantly so the other inmates would stop making you wear Koolaide to give your lips some color.

Sincerely,
    Theis

But seriously, yes, we do great things.
    I delivered the package last night to the family and they were speechless.
    Caroline, despite having a zipper on her back the length of her spine, was in great spirits, smiling and laughing.

@1J04 - I thought you already received your stock? Wasn't there a video?

I'll get to that. Gotta soften them up 1st, then I'll unleash the level of fuckery you people went to.

So Bad!?

Reactions: Strykervet
    Ok, so another part of the story.

Apparently "These Guys" decided to pitch in and get maybe a Stock outta the PX, then it became "Let's get him a Gift Certificate from McMillian", and McMillian was contacted regarding this. THEN it went FULL RETARD to "Let's let him get EXACTLY what he wants with all the Bells n Whistles" so we ended up going Manners, and Manners has also been contacted regarding this incredible gift. Tom was on vacation fishing when I contacted he and Family via email. Get this! While on vacation fishing they got back to me regarding my build !!! Ya, that happened.

So some guys started talking about Manners possibly sending a 'loaner' in the meantime while my build was underway. I was left thinking, "Ya, that'd be cool". Next thing you know a week or so goes by and a package arrives, WITH PINK PEANUTS !!!!!!!

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure this isn't my Manners, AND it's definitely not for a 700 LA !!!! Talk about deflated.......... :ROFLMAO:

Even came with "Instructions". :mad:

I suppose some of this should be explained a bit further for those of you looking in and wondering what the Hell this is really about.

Good Guys With Guns was started up a little over a year ago here on the Hide. It's nothing official. There is no 501c3 or anything like that.
    It's more like a small community within a larger community. It's not a gated community. Everyone is welcomed and allowed entry.
    Anyone can bring a project forward from their own local community or whatever and ask for help.

I chose a local teacher here in VA as my first project, through the teacher funding site, Donorschoose.org.
    It fit the bill in several ways.
    They were a lean operation, taking very little overhead, and making sure that the projects were properly vetted and managed.
    They allowed multiple donations and each donor could write their own message, so it allowed us to spread the word repeatedly with each donation.

Our message is simple.
    We are just like you. We are not what you see on the news.
    We are ourselves, teachers, doctors, lawyers, police, firemen, military, carpenters, and so on.
    We share one common thread - our love for guns, the shooting sports, and freedom... and our love for our own communities. Our neighbors. Our friends.

We helped that teacher quickly fund her classroom project, and we even came back later and helped her to win a contest on Donorschoose.org for a $5000 gift card, which she in turn used to fund projects for other teachers, both near and far.

We sometimes do, without their prior knowledge or consent, help fellow members.

@1J04 , despite his gruff tough guy Internet bravado, is one of the nicest and shirt off his back kind of guys you'll ever know.
    Many of us knew that he had been through a couple of pretty rough spots the past several months, well after getting over losing his wrestling match with a propane tank.
    We also knew that he and wife of infinite patience had recently laid out pretty much all they had towards purchasing their first ever place they could call their very own.
    And yes, we knew that he had bought the barreled action on a deal, and had nothing to put it in.
    So a scheme was hatched, without his prior knowledge and fuck his consent, we weren't asking anyway.

We began, modestly, to try to figure out kind of what he was looking for and to maybe get a little money together and fund a PX buy on a lightly abused McMillan or Manners for him.
    That, as these often do, quickly got out of hand and we were quickly into, "Fuck it! Let's get him the Cadillac!" mode.
    So $800 became $1800, and his order placed with Manners - stock, options, accessories... all of it.

Now he waits, like Ralphie thumbing through the Sears catalog the day it comes in the mail. His order languishes in the Manners backlog. We're trying to keep Larry away from propane tanks, wounded elk, batshit crazy methed out inmates, spicy foods, cheap booze,and other perils while his baby is gestating.
    Any help from @tmanners and elves would certainly be welcomed and appreciated.

Meanwhile we keep fucking with Larry when we can... because it's so much fun :ROFLMAO: ?

See above post...

... and we keep helping good people get over speed bumps here and there and help others in their communities, because that's fun too.

Damn... I missed out again. This is one I'd really have liked to have been behind too and I feel sick for missing it but I've been really busy lately and haven't been around as much. Nobody more deserving I can think of though, not a better guy.

As a recipient of goodwill on this site in the past, I can say it does not only good things but has saved more than a few hides, snipery ones and otherwise, and even changed some lives permanently for the better.

And 1J was always out front holding the banner...

@Strykervet You're ALWAYS with us in spirit, just like a number of others. You're damn good people Brother and we wish ya continued health and happiness !!!! Thanks for the kind words, ya big softy. :ROFLMAO:

@Sean the Nailer You are absolutely right Brother. There is a TON of stuff going on behind the scenes ALL of the time. You know as well as I, we have some pretty damn fine folks on here and we're lucky to share Comms with them.

@Strykervet You're ALWAYS with us in spirit, just like a number of others. You're damn good people Brother and we wish ya continued health and happiness !!!! Thanks for the kind words, ya big softy. :ROFLMAO:

@Sean the Nailer You are absolutely right Brother. There is a TON of stuff going on behind the scenes ALL of the time. You know as well as I, we have some pretty damn fine folks on here and we're lucky to share Comms with them.

Damn, that almost sounded like a eulogy... I'm still alive man!!!

If we really cared we would have bought him the whole rifle. :)

I was out of the loop on this one.

• Haha
    Reactions: 1J04
    So after a communication issue that has been corrected, I'm assured my Stock will be shipped in a few weeks. Gotta PM, Text, and thread reply from @tmanners himself regarding this. I'll be calling him to thank him for squaring this away momentarily, and for being involved in this incredible gift. Tom knocked off a substantial amount to be a part of this and I/we are grateful for that.

Invoice showed up via email and payment has been sent.

Again, cannot thank each and every one of you for your kindness and continued friendship and support!

Looking forward to posting up the unboxing! Stay tuned. ??

I'm assured my Stock will be shipped in a few weeks.

Not that I want to be you know a doubting Thomas.... but..... was there a specific number given on exactly how many weeks constitutes a "few"?
    We might you know be talking a "few" in comparison to the total time they have been in business or such.....
    :LOL:

• Haha
    Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
    I'm pretty certain this is gonna happen real quick. I just got off the phone with Tom and he would like me to follow up with him next week, and I will. He's not only on this, he's giving a discount as well. Tom highly encourages anyone with questions or issues to give him a call directly on his cell. His number is 816 210 8108. We had a good talk and I look forward to speaking with him again next week.

God I hope they don't use peanuts............

How did I miss this thread?

Because it's pinned at the top and if you're anything like me, you scroll past it looking for other "stuff."

Or,
    Like what just happened to me, you're not where you think you are...

It happens a lot more as you get older.
    So far, I haven't peed in the trash can, but it could happen.

Our boy hasn't gotten his stock yet, but I did have a conversation with Tom Manners last night, and he has graciously committed to donating the stock cost back to GGWG. Larry will still get his stock, and very soon, and we're banking the sudden windfall towards our next project(s).

Because it's pinned at the top and if you're anything like me, you scroll past it looking for other "stuff."

Or,

I just looked at the dates. I was pretty heavily sedated in the hospital when this thread started..mystery solved.

Or,

Trash can..., rookie work.
    When you do the sock drawer you're gettin' it done.
    BTW there may have been some whiskey involved^^^.

R