• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors aac 7.62-SD WTF? Now I got pics up

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
ok I have a new AAC muzzle brake for a 7.62-sd the ratchet doesnt engage it seats before it gets that far also when you look at it from a top view it is canted off to the right. what is wrong here? I am going to contact AAC but I thought I would get a faster better answer here

Re: aac 7.62-SD WTF?

Is it the break that came with the 762? If not you might have bought the wrong one.. If it is, something is wrong with the threading.. Check the inside of the suppressor to see if any of the threads are bent or damaged, if not, I dunno..

Sumpn aint right! I suspect that you've taken delivery of the wrong mount from someone, somehow. Pics would clear it up, but Mike Mers can probably tell you with a decent verbal description.

I have the same one and the first time It got delivered they sent it with a .223 mount, correct thread pitch but 22 cal. Glad I saw it before I shot it. Sent it back and told them and they argued it was the right one, Finally got it through their head sent it back and they sent me 1 for 30 cal but wront thread pitch. WTF? 3rd time is the charm I guess, sent it back told them exactly what I wanted had them repeat it and finally showed in the mail the correct one after a month passed. Since then I have ordered many other adapters from them and had have no problems. Sounds like ya got the wrong mount and hope you dont try to shoot it like that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got it from polite scociety I hope its not the wrong one. I will try and get some pics. I did shoot it and have a ding in the end of it now but no baffle strikes. </div></div>

Don't do that any more.. Fix the problem first, otherwise you'll be crying like a baby if something happens to that thing..

For the love of Pete, don't shoot the thing anymore until you get some help from Mers. I'm gonna wake up in a cold sweat tonight just thinking about that!
shocked.gif

Here's this...

When I first went up to the shop to try my 762SD on my rifle after the can transferred down to my dealer, I may have experienced what you are seeing. When I screwed the can on, it hit and stopped hard BEFORE the spring-arms rode up on the 18-tooth portion of the mount. I thought something was wrong, but after looking at it I decided that the "bottoming out" sensation was just the new, tight spring-legs hitting, but not climbing up the 18-tooth shoulders. I twisted much harder in the tighten direction and, voila! it ran right up and the spring legs seated fine. When I took it off, I could see a distinct new scuffed/sheared edge to the spring legs where they first contact the 18-tooth portion of the mount. Ever since they "wore in" that first time the can has screwed on and off with what feels like the perfect amount of tension.

I know it sounds goofy, but try screwing it on harder? Maybe even dab a little grease on the spring legs where they contact the 18-tooth AND on the 18-tooth shoulders where the spring legs ride.

I'd bet money that's your problem!
smile.gif
The out-of-square condition would be explained by one of the spring-legs hitting before the other (but not riding up over) the 18-tooth shoulder and kicking the can to one side.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's this...

When I first went up to the shop to try my 762SD on my rifle after the can transferred down to my dealer, I may have experienced what you are seeing. When I screwed the can on, it hit and stopped hard BEFORE the spring-arms rode up on the 18-tooth portion of the mount. I thought something was wrong, but after looking at it I decided that the "bottoming out" sensation was just the new, tight spring-legs hitting, but not climbing up the 18-tooth shoulders. I twisted much harder in the tighten direction and, voila! it ran right up and the spring legs seated fine. When I took it off, I could see a distinct new scuffed/sheared edge to the spring legs where they first contact the 18-tooth portion of the mount. Ever since they "wore in" that first time the can has screwed on and off with what feels like the perfect amount of tension.

I know it sounds goofy, but try screwing it on harder? Maybe even dab a little grease on the spring legs where they contact the 18-tooth AND on the 18-tooth shoulders where the spring legs ride.

I'd bet money that's your problem!
smile.gif
The out-of-square condition would be explained by one of the spring-legs hitting before the other (but not riding up over) the 18-tooth shoulder and kicking the can to one side. </div></div>

From the pics I can see nothing wrong, but I se where it doesn't seat all the way.. Try screwing it on more... Let us know..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'd bet money that's your problem! </div></div>

This. I just put my brake mount on and mounted my SD. It sits alot lower than yours in the pic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My understanding the Brake was meant for a specific model 762SD, not necessarily a "regular' one. </div></div>

Nope, the brake mount is made for all of the normal 762SD cans.

Now, the Snipershide build here awhile back had the Miter system with a brake, if I remember correctly, and those mounts WOULD be specific to that particular run of cans - at least with respect to the Miter system.

The normal 18 tooth brake is for all normal 762SD, and the brake is quite effective, as well!

Thanks for the info. I only ask is because I have the paperwork in right now in for my 762SD and am also doing a brake. I was just wondering because some of the commie ranges around here won't let us shoot with a suppressor.

I feel like a real dip shit a dab of grease fixed it. I dont get it maybe I'm just a puss but a couple of guys at the range tried to turn it farther and couldnt but with the grease no problem. As for the brake with out the can it is very effective I've never had a brake on a rifle before and its kinda weird to get used to not having a thump to go with the bang and its realy not all that much louder as far as I can tell.
Bacarrat, what kind of a shit hole place wont let you use a leagaly owned suppressor I wouldnt renew a membership to a place like that.

I think I will change my title to snipershide resident dumb ass

It happens!
smile.gif
I'm glad it was a simple fix. Have fun, and tell us what you think of the 762SD after you get a chance to shoot it.

Capt. There is a large public range here that won't let us shoot anything class 3. SBRs, suppressors, and machine guns. I could understand machine guns, but suppressors? Whatever. I usually do not shoot at that range. The range next to my house has a 1k line and is a private range. They do sorta restrict you on class 3 stuff, but if you get a variance on a suppressor you are good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never had a brake on a rifle before and its kinda weird to get used to not having a thump to go with the bang and its realy not all that much louder as far as I can tell.</div></div>

Have someone else shoot it and you stand to the side. You'll get the full effect then. Brakes are great. EVERY rifle should come with one.

Glad you got the can figured out. Enjoy.