• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I thought so. Looks like the newer versions don't have the shelf anymore. I've been cycling through packs and haven't found anything I like for matches. I've had a couple of work mates that have your pack and it always seemed well thought out.

Does the bottom shelf help it sit upright? Does it seem to protect items in the pack? Do you use the pack without the top lid?

I run a kifaru 22 mag or Stryker xl... Love the kifaru suspension system. My close 2nd would be a exo mountain k3 or k4

The problem I keep having is I just don't need that much at a match. And I hate when the inside of the pack becomes a large dump pouch. I like the way some of the eberlestock packs suitcase open when you lay them on their fronts and everything is accessible. But I only need about a 20-25 liter sized pack to carry a layer, 100rd ammo box, Fix-It sticks, Xero, spare mag, etc. I ended up putting a large puff pillow that I didn't need and never use in the bottom of my current pack just to fill the space and keep the stuff I did need on top. If Eberlestock had a mid section divider for the gunslinger that separated the bottom of the back from the top it would be pretty handy. Jacket, lunch, and shooting mat at the bottom. Then the shit you pull out every stage on the top. Delicates like the Xero and binos in padded pouches attached to the interior.

Reactions: Nik H
I thought so. Looks like the newer versions don't have the shelf anymore. I've been cycling through packs and haven't found anything I like for matches. I've had a couple of work mates that have your pack and it always seemed well thought out.

Does the bottom shelf help it sit upright? Does it seem to protect items in the pack? Do you use the pack without the top lid?
The frame is awesome because yea the L (shelf) to it keeps it upright at matches and kind of protects items you might have in there.

I always keep my PSGC and X-Wing at the bottom so everything else at least has them as buffers but the frame also carries weight really well. I like that it stands upright so when I’m at my tripod spotting, I can just reach down and easily grab stuff. Also helps if you’re field shooting and want some rear underarm support or front support. …and allows for a solid cable locking point if someone tries to do a smash and grab while grabbing food.

The lid doesn’t come off of the pack though, in this pic it’s just tucked into the main compartment.

Reactions: JR1200W3
The problem I keep having is I just don't need that much at a match. And I hate when the inside of the pack becomes a large dump pouch. I like the way some of the eberlestock packs suitcase open when you lay them on their fronts and everything is accessible. But I only need about a 20-25 liter sized pack to carry a layer, 100rd ammo box, Fix-It sticks, Xero, spare mag, etc. I ended up putting a large puff pillow that I didn't need and never use in the bottom of my current pack just to fill the space and keep the stuff I did need on top. If Eberlestock had a mid section divider for the gunslinger that separated the bottom of the back from the top it would be pretty handy. Jacket, lunch, and shooting mat at the bottom. Then the shit you pull out every stage on the top. Delicates like the Xero and binos in padded pouches attached to the interior.
I think the LoDrag has that middle divider, but yea if the GS2 had one it would be nice. Or even if the internal was all just that lightweight laser cut stuff.

You can always employ a place that modifies backpacks and add what you want. Just an option.
true. …but I live in the middle of nowhere southern AZ next to the fence so it would have to be mailed off and it isn’t that big of a deal really. But if I ever move back to a place near a large base, then that’s an easy task.

read the hashtags now i gotta get tested for aids tomorrow
Load-out effort 8.5/10 because no spray paint
#HashtagAIDS

I know I know, I intended to paint it the day I got it but here I am over a year later and still liking the way it looks. Maybe next year.

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx
I think the LoDrag has that middle divider, but yea if the GS2 had one it would be nice. Or even if the internal was all just that lightweight laser cut stuff.
You could add one of these to the pack

Reactions: M8541Reaper
0815A5E6-03A7-41A6-8EE0-361B345FC203.jpeg

Was someone saying something about RH 308 bolts being hard to find for the AXSR?
1715642928189.gif

No, not hard to find.

Just impossible to obtain without having to give an old greasy fat man with dick cheese a blow job.

Nice score! And would you like a mint?
I do what it takes to support my hobby…because I’m a professional.
Please subscribe to my channel for more pro tips….and just the tips.

View attachment 8417564
Was someone saying something about RH 308 bolts being hard to find for the AXSR?
View attachment 8417567
That’s awesome. Have you function-tested it in your gun yet? I only mention this because I have had not one, but TWO defective extra bolt bodies that I purchased separately from the rifles (one AXMC and one AXSR). The completed rifles as delivered are awesome but the spare parts are not always quite so much. One of my AXMC bolt bodies would not accept the firing pin assembly. It skipped a step in the machining process. And one of my AXSR bolt bodies was very tight on closing the bolt. AINA took care of both problems like a jackrabbit late for a date, but it bears checking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik H
That’s awesome. Have you function-tested it in your gun yet? I only mention this because I have had not one, but TWO defective extra bolt bodies that I purchased separately from the rifles (one AXMC and one AXSR). The completed rifles as delivered are awesome but the spare parts are not always quite so much. One of my AXMC bolt bodies would not accept the firing pin assembly. It skipped a step in the machining process. And one of my AXSR bolt bodies was very tight on closing the bolt. AINA took care of both problems like a jackrabbit late for a date, but it bears checking.
Just got it today but it works with dummy rounds and dry fire as it should. Range later this week to get it broken in and really tested.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
Just got it today but it works with dummy rounds and dry fire as it should. Range later this week to get it broken in and really tested.
That's what I was getting at. You will undoubtedly be fine, because I'm the one that gets all the lemons. I just replaced a damaged-before-it-left-the-factory (not even from shipping) ram on the uber-expensive, supposed-to-be-perfect Zero press last night. Again, just like AINA, Area 419 was on it like white on rice and all is well now. My point was just that it is tempting to buy a spare bolt body and throw it in the safe until you really need it, thinking you have the situation covered. It's a bad thing to find out months/years later that it won't work. You are smart to run it now, verify it, and THEN put it in reserve.
I have two AXMCs, and one AXSR. As delivered, all three rifles were perfect. But I ran into trouble TWICE when purchasing the full complement of bolt bodies to cover all the available chamberings. Both AXMCs came with 338 bolts. Both ran great (one 338NM, one 338LM). I bought a 308 bolt body to run 6.5CM. When I attempted to insert the firing pin assembly from one of the rifles, it would go it, but I couldn't rotate it to lock it in. It turned out that the bolt was incompletely machined, and lacked the internal channel that allows the lug on the firing pin assembly to rotate and lock in to. I sent it back and they replaced it immediately. The AXSR was delivered as a 300 PRC, and was perfect. When they became available, I bought a 308 and 338 bolt body for it. The 308 was fine, but the 338 bolt was extremely stiff to close. It was simply not in-spec, and they replaced it immediately. Bottom line - no matter how great a manufacturer’s reputation (and AI’s is deservedly excellent), Reagan’s philosophy rings true: Trust, but verify.

• Sad
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Alright heathens.

Talk me into getting the AT bolt bushed, and who can do it best?

That's what I was getting at. You will undoubtedly be fine, because I'm the one that gets all the lemons. I just replaced a damaged-before-it-left-the-factory (not even from shipping) ram on the uber-expensive, supposed-to-be-perfect Zero press last night. Again, just like AINA, Area 419 was on it like white on rice and all is well now. My point was just that it is tempting to buy a spare bolt body and throw it in the safe until you really need it, thinking you have the situation covered. It's a bad thing to find out months/years later that it won't work. You are smart to run it now, verify it, and THEN put it in reserve.
I have two AXMCs, and one AXSR. As delivered, all three rifles were perfect. But I ran into trouble TWICE when purchasing the full complement of bolt bodies to cover all the available chamberings. Both AXMCs came with 338 bolts. Both ran great (one 338NM, one 338LM). I bought a 308 bolt body to run 6.5CM. When I attempted to insert the firing pin assembly from one of the rifles, it would go it, but I couldn't rotate it to lock it in. It turned out that the bolt was incompletely machined, and lacked the internal channel that allows the lug on the firing pin assembly to rotate and lock in to. I sent it back and they replaced it immediately. The AXSR was delivered as a 300 PRC, and was perfect. When they became available, I bought a 308 and 338 bolt body for it. The 308 was fine, but the 338 bolt was extremely stiff to close. It was simply not in-spec, and they replaced it immediately. Bottom line - no matter how great a manufacturer’s reputation (and AI’s is deservedly excellent), Reagan’s philosophy rings true: Trust, but verify.
Oh that sucks man. I’m unlucky but not at that level 😂 …although I did break two AXSR 308 mag baseplates within the first two months of matches 😂

Yea snagged the AXSR in 300PRC and bought the complete 308 and 338 bolt assemblies before I even had the rifle. I snagged this second 308 body because I shoot a match each month and it’s a 4-5hr drive each way so figured it would be insurance that wouldn’t ruin a costly (hotel, gas, food, match fee, ammo) trip if something happens. So now I have a complete spare bolt and trigger assembly that will come with. Probably even throw the 65 barrel in the case too should something get jammed/stuck (this year is 308 for matches).

But yea the 300PRC and my initial 308 bolt both worked as they should. I don’t have a 338 barrel so I haven’t fired the 338 bolt yet but it runs smoothly in the action. This spare 308 bolt will get about a case of ammo through it before the next match so it will be tested. …and I’ll probably start breaking it in by using it when I’m training so it smooths out over the next few months.

Alright heathens.

Talk me into getting the AT bolt bushed, and who can do it best?

I've had Wade Stuteville do 1 and LRI do 3.

Not sure if Wade is still doing them, but LRI does a great job with a fast turnaround.

Before you send it off I recommend trying to buy a spare firing pin and send that in with the bolt to get turned down so you have a spare on the shelf ready to go. If you break one down the road you might be down for a while if AI is backordered, and then once you get it you have to send it out to get modded for your bushed bolt.

Or spend the big bucks to get a new AI SFP bolt body and factory 1.6mm firing pin, and then you can use an off of shelf 1.6mm firing pin in the future if you ever need it.

I've had Wade Stuteville do 1 and LRI do 3.

Not sure if Wade is still doing them, but LRI does a great job with a fast turnaround.

Before you send it off I recommend trying to buy a spare firing pin and send that in with the bolt to get turned down so you have a spare on the shelf ready to go. If you break one down the road you might be down for a while if AI is backordered, and then once you get it you have to send it out to get modded for your bushed bolt.

Or spend the big bucks to get a new AI SFP bolt body and factory 1.6mm firing pin, and then you can use an off of shelf 1.6mm firing pin in the future if you ever need it.
I gotta source the firing point it sounds like

I got a bit of a sticker shock for the price of a new bolt assembly

I think the factory SFP is a superior design, the small-diameter portion of the tip is shorter and I believe it will be more robust. The bushed version has the small-diameter portion much longer so is probably more likely to be damaged or broken by an overpressure round.

Personally I'd eat the cost and buy a factory SFP bolt assembly and keep the factory LFP assembly as a backup for SHTF 308 fuddery

I think the factory SFP is a superior design, the small-diameter portion of the tip is shorter and I believe it will be more robust. The bushed version has the small-diameter portion much longer so is probably more likely to be damaged or broken by an overpressure round.

Personally I'd eat the cost and buy a factory SFP bolt assembly and keep the factory LFP assembly as a backup for SHTF 308 fuddery

Even though the longer small diameter portion of the firing pin in the bushed bolt is fully supported by the bushing, I agree the very short small diameter tip of the genuine AI SFP design would be stronger and more durable and less prone to buckling or breaking in the event of a pierced primer.

That being said, I had over 7k rounds on the bushed bolt and firing pin in my old AIAE Mk3 with zero issues, so a bushing job can be reliable and a much less expensive option than a new genuine AI SFP bolt (it used to be the only option for a small firing pin in an AI before 2014 when AI themselves released small firing pin bolts.)

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Would a Spuhr 44.4 MOA cant mount with a S&B 3-12x50 PMII be zeroable at 100m? My AI comes with the dovetail

Thanks to multiple great deals on the PX, I am now the proud owner of an '14 AI AT in Sage Green, just the way God intended. The last 376 pages of this thread have been my guide to enlightenment (and madness) that I am now happy to contribute to.

View attachment 8420106
Keep it as a 308 and rock on

Thanks to multiple great deals on the PX, I am now the proud owner of an '14 AI AT in Sage Green, just the way God intended. The last 376 pages of this thread have been my guide to enlightenment (and madness) that I am now happy to contribute to.

View attachment 8420106
How the AI is supposed to be!! Congrats!