• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Cleaned up my AT and took some of the AT specific accessories off to give it a more classic appearance. While I had the skins off I took some pictures for the curious people. Think the skins are off a 1.5 Legacy AICS that have been hydrodipped in branded multicam. Looks like some modifications were done with a dremel to make them fit flush but all the bolt holes line up minus 1 near the middle of the foreend which doesn't really even seem necessary. It's basically an AW with a quick barrel change so really the best of both worlds. Really want to get a heavier longer barrel with fluting and an AI break next.

View attachment 8298442View attachment 8298443View attachment 8298444

Well, I’ll be damned. Those are modified AICS 2.0 skins. I’ll bet AW skins would work even better….

IMG_4830.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the difference between the axsr and comp trigger? And will they both fit in the AXSA?
I think the internals are the same but the mounting points are different. The AXSR trigger has a roll pin holding it to the chassis in addition to the 2 bolts. I don't think the AXSR trigger will fit in other rifles but the AXSR might accept other AI triggers. Im not sure about this though, maybe someone else knows.

Are you out west? I've seen that slow and heavy trend over here on the east but I don't understand it for here. 99% of the places we shoot you get 5-10mph. Can't see where the advantage is over going medium weight and as fast as you can (except barrel life).

Honest question, I kind of stopped competing right after GT and TBAC bipods were all the rage.
I took a class with Frank this September (do it every year he comes back East) and he mentioned that it is a new trend with some PRS competitors. Used to be lighter and FAST but now lots of competitors are going big and slow as it makes it easier to see your shots downrange. I have not tried heavier bullets yet but may give it a shot...so to speak.

Well, I’ll be damned. Those are modified AICS 2.0 skins. I’ll bet AW skins would work even better….

View attachment 8298588
Sneaking an airsoft gun in there huh? (2nd one in from left).

I used to do a 6.5x47 with heavies back when everyone was on the 6creeds and 6XCs and won my first match then for those reasons. I got made fun of for doing it. I'm convinced PRS shooters are just Taylor Swift and instead of jumping from guy to guy they jump from trend to trend.

Copied from a post from Scott Seigmund at AI.

View attachment 8298484

My understanding is the old “cg Jackson” trigger evolved into Tom Myers “mod22” Xtreme trigger. I don’t remember when I started using that trigger but it was maybe a year or two before the first mammoth. I used them exclusively in the first and second gen bighorns and then surgeons over about 50 PRS matches until I stopped around 2016. Never had any trigger failures or stoppages. I think sometime around 2014 one of them started feeling a little gummy and George Gardner took it apart and scrubbed the crap out of it for me and it was great until I switched.
Unfortunately when I moved from surgeon to impacts the mod22 wouldn’t fit in the impacts trigger hanger so I followed the crowd to triggertech single stages.
The axsr trigger was a big part of my decision to purchase an axsr. AI made a solid choice.

Send some to me I’ll try them out 😅. Yea the biggest give away they are AICS is the bolt cutout but I don’t know if I’d even want to cut up a pair of original AW skins 😬

Why wouldn’t anyone use a set of AW skins, when they have a set?
Especially if they’ve got a bare AT chassis to check the fit….

IMG_4846.jpeg

IMG_4847.jpeg

Reactions: Defender3
My "old" AWSM ( mixed with some others in my collection :) )
I've cloned and collected USMC sniper rifle for years but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about selling 1 or 2 or 3 to buy an AWM or even an AW. As a kid Watching the "old" military channel and they had a documentary on British snipers and specifically on the AWM and AW design. Fell in love ever since. Might be time for acquiring one...

Anyone know if the AX50 ELR will have a cheytac bolt option?

Only if you are LH
True. They have all this data on what is popular in ELR, but choose a 50BMG as the only option. They really like shooting theirselves in the foot.

True. They have all this data on what is popular in ELR, but choose a 50BMG as the only option. They really like shooting theirselves in the foot.

True that. They will get very little interest from the civilian elr crowd until they have a cheytac boltface.

Reactions: JB.IC
I asked about the cheytac in germany, Info from AI: will not be available for the civilian market. Seems those are build for some specific ammo and they cant make sure accuracy works in general. As far as i understood Military units already have them in use.

Best regards

Daniel

I don’t want to sound dramatic for this first part so I’ll take the hit if I do sound dramatic. AI more so than any other brand that I can think of, really just does not listen to their civilian customers. They really need a good program manager for the civilian market. Hell they could just slightly copy the direction all the other manufacturers have gone and they would do just fine. Or maybe the civilian market is so small for them and selling complete fire control system like the SA mag bolt + firing pin for $1,100.00 isn’t worth it. I mean who sells a FCS that cost that much anyways and yet people have been asking for the bolt for like 8 years?? Probably longer.

They have their AX50 ELR spec’d with a heavy trigger, a forend tube that’s like ~13” long, and a 27” 50BMG (most ELR shooters do not like anything about that cartridge design). Ok all that’s fine for an HTI mission which btw is not a common mission whatsoever, so I struggle to even see the military/LE demand but I guess gov money has the print button to buy whatever.
Anyone who is into ELR competitions and has built custom rifles for it would criticize instantly: trigger needs to be much lighter and the forend tube needs to be like 16-18” long. Someone is going to throw a 36-40” barrel on the thing if they’re going to use it in competition. They want the bipod far out for stability.

The rifle is what ~$15k after tax? Then someone is going to dumb another $1.5k to get a 416B barrel. Then buy a bipod extender because the forend is so short. It just doesn’t even make sense.

Mfw your on the waitlist to pay $950 for a .308 bolt to have the boltface opened up to be able to run 6.5 PRC because autism.
View attachment 8299580
The bolt backorder only took me 13 months, it could have been worse :ROFLMAO:

To add to @JB.IC list... I never understood why AI doesn't ensure that at bolt bodies, FP assemblies and all mags for the current premier platform are not in stock at all time. Currently that platform is the AXSR, if the rifle is selling at a premium price and a key feature is multi caliber. That feature should be supported in the market with available parts that are readily available

Basically, if you expect customers to drop $10k on the rifle at least keep bolt bodies, firing pins and mags stocked up at distributors. Or, real world example... A few weeks ago a shooter that is new to long range rolls up to the range with an AXSR leftie in 300 PRC, predicably recoil is a challenge (plus cross eye dominance.) I didn't want to say it but a great investment would be a 6.5 CM conversion, but who knows if it will be in stock or how many months of wait listing it back ordering that would take.

The bolt backorder only took me 13 months, it could have been worse :ROFLMAO:

To add to @JB.IC list... I never understood why AI doesn't ensure that at bolt bodies, FP assemblies and all mags for the current premier platform are not in stock at all time. Currently that platform is the AXSR, if the rifle is selling at a premium price and a key feature is multi caliber. That feature should be supported in the market with available parts that are readily available

Basically, if you expect customers to drop $10k on the rifle at least keep bolt bodies, firing pins and mags stocked up at distributors. Or, real world example... A few weeks ago a shooter that is new to long range rolls up to the range with an AXSR leftie in 300 PRC, predicably recoil is a challenge (plus cross eye dominance.) I didn't want to say it but a great investment would be a 6.5 CM conversion, but who knows if it will be in stock or how many months of wait listing it back ordering that would take.
Seriously $950 and 13 months is a crime. I'm 6 months in, the cost and materials are a 1/5th at best. I'm going to pay it because I'm retarded but as you said common items should be easily available for any platform with AI.

Seriously $950 and 13 months is a crime. I'm 6 months in, the cost and materials are a 1/5th at best. I'm going to pay it because I'm retarded but as you said common items should be easily available for any platform with AI.
The real retah'dism is buying an ATX AICS for your 700-based custom so you can deal with AI's shit on your non-AI rifles. The only way to make this hinge situation more painful is to require a NFA Form 4 stamp approval for it.

While we are at it, I wish that the Axsr forend was either 1 Keyslot slot longer, or 5 Keyslot slots longer.

1 additional slot would allow the installation of 5 AI weights with each nut properly installed and supported. Currently, you end up with one weight only secured by one nut and hanging off the back or front of your rail (depending on how you staggered the weights). Yeah the Axsr isn’t designed for gamer stuff and adding weights for balance or tracking is a gamer thing, but lots of people choose this platform for ELR comps. It’s just nicer to shoot a heavier, better balanced hot rod 300NM all day than a lighter, less balanced one. With a full stack of weights and the factory 27” 300NM barrel, my gun recoils and tracks like a 6.5cm. Very nice for ELR heavy ways where high round count, spotting impacts, and maintaining composure lever the day is necessary. Plus the weights allow the gun to be dropped on a bag and balance better when I’m shooting 308 or 6mm. I hate checking that the weight is still on the gun after every stage since it’s only held on by one slot.

5 additional slots would allow the same thing, with the ability to add a 6th weight. Would be super nice.

Yeah the AT-X is their comp focused gun, yeah the AXSR isn’t used as much in comps, etc, but not being able to fully support a full stack of AI’s own weights on the forend is a little disappointing. I have encountered several scenarios where an additional weight out front would be nice without the width penalty of double stacking.

Edit: Oh and iteratively machine rlock holes into the bottom of the rail. I’ve had a properly tension arca bipod eject off the gun after using it as a recoil stop on a barricade, so now I’ve got a RRS Keyslot USR on the bottom. On one hand, it gives full function arca clearance using the atx weights, on the other hand it’s a shame to not be able to use the native chassis functionality.

Last edited:
While we are at it, I wish that the Axsr forend was either 1 Keyslot slot longer, or 5 Keyslot slots longer.

1 additional slot would allow the installation of 5 AI weights with each nut properly installed and supported. Currently, you end up with one weight only secured by one nut and hanging off the back or front of your rail (depending on how you staggered the weights). Yeah the Axsr isn’t designed for gamer stuff and adding weights for balance or tracking is a gamer thing, but lots of people choose this platform for ELR comps. It’s just nicer to shoot a heavier, better balanced hot rod 300NM all day than a lighter, less balanced one. With a full stack of weights and the factory 27” 300NM barrel, my gun recoils and tracks like a 6.5cm. Very nice for ELR heavy ways where high round count, spotting impacts, and maintaining composure lever the day is necessary. Plus the weights allow the gun to be dropped on a bag and balance better when I’m shooting 308 or 6mm. I hate checking that the weight is still on the gun after every stage since it’s only held on by one slot.

5 additional slots would allow the same thing, with the ability to add a 6th weight. Would be super nice.

Yeah the AT-X is their comp focused gun, yeah the AXSR isn’t used as much in comps, etc, but not being able to fully support a full stack of AI’s own weights on the forend is a little disappointing. I have encountered several scenarios where an additional weight out front would be nice without the width penalty of double stacking.

Just to point out. I know you are giving due consideration to what a rifle would be used for versus what we might want it to be used for just to give the benefit of the doubt. Right because you and I don’t want to list off every scenario and configuration of a rifle and its intended use.

But in todays setting, a good PRS, NRL Hunter, NF ELR match, and other matches geared towards field style shooting, the best “gamer” rifles would also be excellent Mil/LE sniper rifles. There’s a reason both domains have switched over to rifles with “competition” or highly user configured features. They’re just better in all regards.

I like the AXSR chassis except for the tripod dovetail cancer bump. if the AXSR and the ATX chassis could have a baby, that would be what I think would be a real seller.

Reactions: 96C
I don’t want to sound dramatic for this first part so I’ll take the hit if I do sound dramatic. AI more so than any other brand that I can think of, really just does not listen to their civilian customers. They really need a good program manager for the civilian market. Hell they could just slightly copy the direction all the other manufacturers have gone and they would do just fine. Or maybe the civilian market is so small for them and selling complete fire control system like the SA mag bolt + firing pin for $1,100.00 isn’t worth it. I mean who sells a FCS that cost that much anyways and yet people have been asking for the bolt for like 8 years?? Probably longer.

They have their AX50 ELR spec’d with a heavy trigger, a forend tube that’s like ~13” long, and a 27” 50BMG (most ELR shooters do not like anything about that cartridge design). Ok all that’s fine for an HTI mission which btw is not a common mission whatsoever, so I struggle to even see the military/LE demand but I guess gov money has the print button to buy whatever.
Anyone who is into ELR competitions and has built custom rifles for it would criticize instantly: trigger needs to be much lighter and the forend tube needs to be like 16-18” long. Someone is going to throw a 36-40” barrel on the thing if they’re going to use it in competition. They want the bipod far out for stability.

The rifle is what ~$15k after tax? Then someone is going to dumb another $1.5k to get a 416B barrel. Then buy a bipod extender because the forend is so short. It just doesn’t even make sense.

You basically described the exact situation with my AX50.

I'm pretty sure he's got a bit of stuff on his plate but I wonder if Chad @LRI would be a little tempted with some of these bolt jobs. He's turned out some impressive stuff, I'm sure a 1 or 2 piece AI bolt body would be like fixing breakfast for him.

I'm pretty sure he's got a bit of stuff on his plate but I wonder if Chad @LRI would be a little tempted with some of these bolt jobs. He's turned out some impressive stuff, I'm sure a 1 or 2 piece AI bolt body would be like fixing breakfast for him.

The amount of greatness this could create if Chad could do this would be epic.