• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

AXSR is a great long range shooter. It's workable (but not good) for positional shooting. The hump in front of the mag well pushes the center of gravity high when shooting off a bag and running the bolt will rock the rifle wide to side. But it can work, just not easy to keep the rifle somewhat on target when running the bolt. Also for PRS positional style shooting I think the 6BR and various wildcats are the best cartridges and those don't feed in an AXSR. 6.5 CM or 6CM are also workable here, just not ideal. Hunting... Not my area but no AI rifle is light so don't plan on hiking around with them. If your driving up to a spot and unloading there that's ideal.
If you’re shooting off a bag wouldn’t you want to rest the rifle near the tip of the handguard for the most stability not the arca rail on the AXSR? Getting the vertical pivot point further away from the shooter will increase stability.

If you’re shooting off a bag wouldn’t you want to rest the rifle near the tip of the handguard for the most stability not the arca rail on the AXSR? Getting the vertical pivot point further away from the shooter will increase stability.
Brah do you even shoot

A8938897-B031-48B0-8C1A-4E64ABF2E4D8.jpeg

See this AWM here , best stability is just forward of Mag well , and having the gun balance there

Maybe it's a semantics thing but I'm trying to say shooting the AXSR like this is noticable less stable than my AT-X or any other PRS oriented chassis.

1000003466.jpg

Nice AWM 😅

I was referring to prone shooting. If you’re shooting off a fence post or doing PRS stuff you do what you gotta do. You don’t want your gun balanced in the middle ideally for max stability you would not mount your bipod there right? That’s all I’m commenting on, but I agree the AXSR design is challenged that hump is more there for structural rigidity as a solid mount for hand guard than a design point. Would prefer without it too.

Nice AWM 😅

I was referring to prone shooting. If you’re shooting off a fence post or doing PRS stuff you do what you gotta do. You don’t want your gun balanced in the middle ideally for max stability you would not mount your bipod there right? That’s all I’m commenting on, but I agree the AXSR design is challenged that hump is more there for structural rigidity as a solid mount for hand guard than a design point. Would prefer without it too.
No.

Incorrect

No.

Incorrect
It’s not but ok. Study the development of the EDM Windrunner which I had and also the Cheytac M200 which I had. The Windrunner had the bipod in the midpoint of the gun and that was the main complaint and the thing that held it back. Cheytac moved the bipod over a foot forward and it changed the stability night and day. I had an EDM with both and would used both bipods. Again changed the gun. Same exact physics apply to using a bag prone shooting with rear support.

Can I ask who you got the camouflage cover on the scope from? I’ve been looking to cover mine up.

Reactions: LONG RNG
1k-1mile max. have ranges near me for both that I'm going to get a membership for.

Also - i've saved like 50 pics from this thread as inspiration, AT with thumbhole is preety beautiful rifle. So is AXSR with 18.5 proof :) So I think they are equally "cool" since that is preety important. I have a Helios QD Ti supressor I plan to run with .308 and 6.5 creed already. So I figure with the TI supressor direct thread (weighs about as much as a muzzle break or less), and a proof 18.5, the AXSR would be relatively maneuverable for when i'm shooting short action cartridges?
@hafejd30 🍻

Starbridge,

The AXSR is easily moveable with a 26” steel AI 6.5CM barrel (and hellfire match brake) so an 18” CF with a can will be no issue unless you have a physical impairment. My PRS barrel is a 24” 308 with a hellfire match, and it’s very easy to move around.

I pretty much only run short action rounds in my AXSR with the only magnum (so far) being 300PRC. I have yet to get enough free time to scout areas in southern AZ where I can really get to play with the PRC so my AI pretty much lives in 65CM or 308. …and why I haven’t dropped the cash on a 300NM barrel.

The long action vs short action throw isn’t an issue and isn’t noticeable after the first range session. I know you didn’t ask about that but figured I’d chime in with it.

I’d say get the AXSR if funds aren’t an issue, especially if you’re going to have access to a range with that capability. Very easy to maneuver and it just shoots really damn well. Me not so much 😂

Oh and the balance of the rifle is just perfect without the addition of weights and whatnot.

Just got done installing the long-awaited AO thumbrest on my AT and man, this has been what is missing.

Now to get a 6.5 Creed barrel for it alongside my 20” 3-0-hate and I’m golden

Until I get another AI

And AI, if your listening, MAKE A DAMN 223 RIFLE

I'm half tempted to either glue or drill a hole in my skins to do a thumbrest on the fixed AT.

#jellyandnotashamed

20231227_225146.jpg

Last edited:

This is only correct if you are able to get solid support at the rear of the rifle. I.E. you're able to use a rear bag, a tripod leg or plate in rear.....etc etc.

When you are able to support the rear properly, then yes, you want the front support as far forward as possible.

In scenarios where you aren't able or allowed to support the rear mechanically, then you want to rifle to balance in such a way that you take yourself out of the equation as much as possible. As humans are the weak link. When we have a rear back or some other mechanical support that removes us from the equation enough to support the rifle as far forward as possible. When we do not have mechanical support, you want the center of gravity to be in the center of the bag you're resting the rifle on.

There are exceptions like shooting off ropes and such, where you would put the rifle on the rope as far forward as possible even if if you don't have mechanical support in the rear. But those are exceptions and not the norm.

You example of the bipod in the middle is valid because they have mechanical support in the rear.

@hafejd30 🍻

Starbridge,

The AXSR is easily moveable with a 26” steel AI 6.5CM barrel (and hellfire match brake) so an 18” CF with a can will be no issue unless you have a physical impairment. My PRS barrel is a 24” 308 with a hellfire match, and it’s very easy to move around.

I pretty much only run short action rounds in my AXSR with the only magnum (so far) being 300PRC. I have yet to get enough free time to scout areas in southern AZ where I can really get to play with the PRC so my AI pretty much lives in 65CM or 308. …and why I haven’t dropped the cash on a 300NM barrel.

The long action vs short action throw isn’t an issue and isn’t noticeable after the first range session. I know you didn’t ask about that but figured I’d chime in with it.

I’d say get the AXSR if funds aren’t an issue, especially if you’re going to have access to a range with that capability. Very easy to maneuver and it just shoots really damn well. Me not so much 😂

Oh and the balance of the rifle is just perfect without the addition of weights and whatnot.

Thanks ! You the best. Going to get an AXSR.

My AXSR is my only precision rifle, and it is by definition a "do all rifle." Not the best at any one thing, but capable of a lot. Use it for hunting, matches and long range (out to a mile). My 18.5" .308 is by far the most used and most enjoyable, and my 300 NM gets shot once in a while but not as much as Id like to.
The long action and "heavier" bolt lift is not the best for matches, but its not a variable that is going to save time during a stage, or cause a miss, for me at least. A cleaner action and bolt lift may save 5-8 tenths of a second per manipulation, but in the grand scheme, and for the vast majority of us, 3-5 seconds slower in a 10-12 round stage, really going to be the determination of a tie-breaker? Maybe Im speaking for myself, maybe not.
Irrrrrregardless... get the AXSR, youll be happy with it despite some of its negligible tradeoffs.

I’ll have a brand new AT folding stock & 24” 6.5 Creed barrel back in my hands soon if anyone is sitting on an AI action and wants to build it out. You’ll need to source action screws/washers, folding hinge, mag catch/pin/spring. These parts can be hard to source but not impossible, Mile High can get ahold of some of them, the action screws seem to be the needle in the haystack.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
You won’t regret it man.
Well I mean you might after you see how much ammo you’ll go through 😂
I’ll say this though, I recommend you buy all three bolt bodies as soon as you can, that way you aren’t limited in caliber choices because of in stock issues. I have all three complete bolts but need to eventually snag a spare 308 bolt body to add to the parts kit. Just in case because it’s my primary bolt. I also snagged a spare AXSR trigger from EO. Never hurts to have it in the kit.
🍻

You won’t regret it man.
I’ll say this though, I recommend you buy all three bolt bodies as soon as you can, that way you aren’t limited in caliber choices because of in stock issues. I have all three complete bolts but need to eventually snag a spare 308 bolt body to add to the parts kit. Just in case because it’s my primary bolt. I also snagged a spare AXSR trigger from EO. Never hurts to have it in the kit.
🍻
If AI ever offers any LH AXMC parts again, I can guarantee a large expenditure on my part

Reactions: M8541Reaper
You won’t regret it man.
🍻
Now we know where all the parts went

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
This is only correct if you are able to get solid support at the rear of the rifle. I.E. you're able to use a rear bag, a tripod leg or plate in rear.....etc etc.

When you are able to support the rear properly, then yes, you want the front support as far forward as possible.

In scenarios where you aren't able or allowed to support the rear mechanically, then you want to rifle to balance in such a way that you take yourself out of the equation as much as possible. As humans are the weak link. When we have a rear back or some other mechanical support that removes us from the equation enough to support the rifle as far forward as possible. When we do not have mechanical support, you want the center of gravity to be in the center of the bag you're resting the rifle on.

There are exceptions like shooting off ropes and such, where you would put the rifle on the rope as far forward as possible even if if you don't have mechanical support in the rear. But those are exceptions and not the norm.

You example of the bipod in the middle is valid because they have mechanical support in the rear.
Thank you for helping explain that much more eloquently than I could!

1. Is the AXSR stock firing pin (Large or small or whatever it is) ok to use with .338 LM, .308, and 6.5CM? I plan to shoot primarily manbun and .308, end the day with some .338 probably. Don't want to pierce primers and it seems like people have been having that issue with 6.5 specifically? Or was that just with the older MC?

Just the MC. All AXSRs are small firing pin-only, so they don't have any issues with primers on any cartridge. MCs came with large firing pins, but they eventually came out with small firing pins and matching small pin bolt bodies to fix the primer piercing problem in certain cartridges. It should be noted the MC was originally designed for the military, and only to shoot .308, .300WM, and 338LM. There were no pierced primer problems with any of these cartridges. It wasn't until they started offering barrels in other chamberings (much later) that the problem arose with the large pin.

To the first part of your question, yes the stock SR firing pin assembly (again, they're ALL small firing pin) will fit ALL of the 3 SR bolt body sizes, and don't have issues with primers in any chambering. You only need the stock firing pin assembly that comes with the rifle, and then the other 2 sizes of bolt bodies that didn't come with the rifle, and you're set up to shoot the whole array of calibers (you will also need the other two sizes of mags as well, and obviously whatever barrels).
2. Is the AXSR too big to fire out of various firing positions like kneeling, siting, standing? It looks really big and awkward in some pics and then manageable in others. I plan to use this for all shooting that I will do, including plinking, hunting (18.5 proof barrel), and potentially competition like PRS which I am learning about.

It was designed to be a military sniper rifle. The closer your planned use is to that style of shooting, the more optimal it becomes. LR/ELR from bench and prone is where it is unbeatable.
3. is the AXSR being replaced at shot show and will it be impossible to find conversion parts as a result?

Don't know when the next design will come out, but probably not for a while if I had to guess. But it won't matter, you can still get parts for the MC and the SR has been out for a while.

Hey @samb300 what say you? Is there a safe way to mod this to take your thumbrest?
Define “safe”. Basically have to be willing to drill a through hole in the chassis, not a big deal but best to do on a machine and not with a hand drill lol. For some reason AI didn’t put the hole in the square tube section on the fixed stock model 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Define “safe”. Basically have to be willing to drill a through hole in the chassis, not a big deal but best to do on a machine and not with a hand drill lol. For some reason AI didn’t put the hole in the square tube section on the fixed stock model 🤷🏼‍♂️
You think there is enough meat between the skin and chassis to make a relief hole for the plug portion of the thumb rest?

Basically make a hole in the skin for it to just pop into vs bolt through.