• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Target Butt Plate

lencomatt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
COS, CO
Anybody know if the AI target butt plate is adjustable for length of pull also or just angle and height? I need to order one and I think I may want the butt a little longer so if it isn't adjustable for LOP then I need some spacers too.

Just angle and height.

It is slightly longer than standard, but if you need LOP adjustment longer than one standard spacer, you'll need the kit too.

OK thanks, I've seen pics of AI's that have a rod that the plate slides on for LOP adjustment, is that just for the real AI's then?

That is a quick adjust butt. Thatvis like 350.

Rich

The quick adjust can apparently be ordered only when ordering a new chassis / rifle, they won´t sell it alone as a post fit.

The part number is 1044 it fits AX chassis and AICS chassis AE & AW rifles you can put additional spacers in to increase LOP part number 0744 for spacers. For a AX rifle it takes a modification to make it work.
Thanks

The quick adjust can apparently be ordered only when ordering a new chassis / rifle, they won´t sell it alone as a post fit.

Correct, because it's welded onto the rear section of the chassis. Technically you could find someone with a similar folding-stock AW, and swap the entire rear section of the chassis, but that would be the only way to do so. EuroOptic lists that as a part likely to differentiate the options and pricing, but rifles are ordered from the factory in one configuration or the other.

Most AE/AW/AX rifles should be shipped from the factory with a set of spacers in the carton, IIRC. If you wanted to add the target adjustable buttpad, you'd just remove the existing rubber buttpad, and then bolt on the target one in its place. If you needed a longer LOP, just remove and add more spacers again.

What isn't readily apparent until you go to install one (as I did to my AE the other week - thanks to Diann at Mile High!), is that the target adjustable pad is actually quite a bit wider than the normal rubber pad. In practical terms, it means that you may need to remove a spacer to equal your pre-existing LOP. If you already have one or two spacers on your rifle right now, and think you might want more at the same time as the adj pad, you might actually find that your existing spacers and the new pad are long enough once everything is mounted up.

I just bought a AIAW with the quick adjust butt, cheek piece and butt spike, has anyone fitted the AICS skins with the pistol grip over the but spike, if so how difficult is that?

Randy/Diann,

I have an AX338 that I bought from you guys. What adjustments would be necessary to install part 1044 on the rifle?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a way on the AICS chassis to adjust the recoil pad up or down slightly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify:
If your AX came with a standard Buttpad, then the 1044 will fit with no modifications.
If your AX came with a Quick adjust buttpad it already comes with a Target adjustable buttpad, made specifically for the rifle.
Correct spacers for the 1044 would be the 4124's, for the AX with or without buttspike.