• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ACR

shane45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2002
Pa
www.bryantarmament.com
I know, I know koolaid is bad for you but, I find I really would like to try an ACR. I know its a bit pricey but Im not terribly bothered by that. You always pay more to play with anything in the begining. Im considering selling off my DSA SA58 to fund it. Its a GREAT rifle but I dont really care for the controls. In particuler mag changes and the bolt release bug the crap out of me. The ACR is very similer to the carbine I shoot most which is my Robarm XCR so I like that. But I would be giving up 308 for 5.56..... thinking out loud...

Re: ACR

Same. I'd give them more time to work the bugs out. I've heard the SCAR's have their share of issues as well, jamming and what-not.

If you're going to trade for a .223/5.56, look at some of the high-end AR's like Noveske and similar. The Direct Impingement system gets a much worse rap than it deserves mainly because it's dirty, but that's okay, just don't wear Armani when you're shooting.

-matt

I have/had enough high end AR's. Looking to play with something different. I have thinned the herd of DI guns but keep a few. Namely my Novesky lower with GAP 260 upper. I figure if I get the bug for a 308 carbine again I could just grab a 308 upper and be happy with the controls over the DSA. Im not trying to justify my wants, still just thinking out loud
laugh.gif

Hi Shane, you are worse than me with the a.d.d. I usually get bored about 6 mo or so after. If your looking to stay with 308, have you checked out the lwrc repr. It is a pretty sweet rifle, a bit pricy though, but you don't seem to mind the $$$ guns. My local shop has a few, they seem well built and i think they have worked out most of the bugs.

Hehe I dont have it too bad I guess. Ive had the DSA for about 9 years. The DSA is a bit like the HK USP I had. I loved the pistol. I love that its durable and well made. But I cant shoot it for shit because of the controls. All my other pistols are 1911's so it was always a wrestling match with the HK. Now its not AS bad with the SA58, more of an annoyance but I really dislike the wedge in style of mags and the mag release. Cant co-witness a RDS. I also dont care for the bolt release. BUT its a beutiful rifle in a pit bull sort of way. I have kept it this long because it is so tough and reliable. I wasnt actively trying to sell the DSA, someone asked and that spawned the , hey I could grab an ACR to play with... and like I said I could always grab a 308 upper for the Novesky down the road. Like other recent transaction I certainly wont be heart broken if it stays
laugh.gif
. Ill hit you up off line about LWRC.

sorry, i read the thread again, thought you were selling the DTA. My bad