• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE MK III .308 bolt diameter?

Bob815

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2012
Golden, CO
I've just ordered an AI AE Mk III in .308 from Mile High Shooting. The rifle should be ready in 2 weeks. During my wait, I contacted Mike Lucas for a bore guide. His question is " Is the bolt a .700 or a .785 diameter? " As I don't have the rifle in front of me, can someone help me out please?

Thanks
Bob

Randy - any idea when the AI bore guides are going to be in? I've had one on order for a few months now. Thanks

Bob - Got my AE MKIII a few months ago from Mile High and couldn't be happier. Great rifle and awesome dealer.

I sure wish Mike Lucas would ship an AI bore guide to Canada.

If you know someone in the US you can get it shipped there. I have one for my AI/AE MKII. I have a residence in the Phoenix area and had it shipped there so it was pretty easy, otherwise I would have been sol. I was speaking to Mike and he used to ship them to Canada in the past but no longer does. Really sucks for those who would like to use them because they work great.