• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AI AXSR Vs Barrett MRAD

AI AXSR Vs Barrett MRAD

• AI AXSR

Votes: 102 78.5%
  • Barrett MRAD

Votes: 28 21.5%

• Total voters
For those that shoot 6.5 CM in the MRAD how are the magazines as far as COAL if you reload?
Don’t reload yet but the magazine body has an internal length just about 2.96”. Depending on the projectile shape it looks like the bottom most cartridge in the stack COULD contact the forward ramp of the follower, not sure if that would impact anything.

Reactions: Islas82
Mrads blow its not even a comparison

Cadex or ai if you got the money or a used mc if you just want all the good stuff from the sr minus the butt stock.

Mrads blow its not even a comparison

Cadex or ai if you got the money or a used mc if you just want all the good stuff from the sr minus the butt stock.
Used to have a Cadex SA and it was a good rifle. It was on a strike nuke so aesthetically it was pleasing. Their other models are just too futuristic for my liking. But yea as a rifle manufacturer they’re up there in quality.

Looking for a recommendation as to the best ring height on the MRAD. Also, what rings or mount. Thanks.

You’ll need 1.5” ish to clear the rail on a 56mm objective lens scope.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I do plan on putting a scope on that has a 56mm objective lens.

I own an AX308(basically an axmc but takes m27 barrels) with the trigger upgrade so it's fairly similar to the new axsr I think. I've played with 2 mrads and they were nice guns owned by cool dudes but the AI barely appealed more to me in both finish, feel of working the bolt, and ergonomics I was already accustomed to.
either platform is great and with training will not slow you down. I do think barrels are a bit cheaper for the AI as it doesn't take any sort of extension which honestly is the main reason I chose AI because I love 6 creed so nom nom barrels.
ETA I also owned a DT SRS and dang I loved that gun. the only downsides were a less than perfect trigger and the barrel extensions making my barrel burners cost significantly more plus less than ideal balance for prs. I do regret selling my SRS a little bit. make a great long range hunting gun.
fwiw, the dt triggers really aren't *that* bad. they go plenty light too.

Last edited:
I own an AX308(basically an axmc but takes m27 barrels) with the trigger upgrade so it's fairly similar to the new axsr I think. I've played with 2 mrads and they were nice guns owned by cool dudes but the AI barely appealed more to me in both finish, feel of working the bolt, and ergonomics I was already accustomed to.
either platform is great and with training will not slow you down. I do think barrels are a bit cheaper for the AI as it doesn't take any sort of extension which honestly is the main reason I chose AI because I love 6 creed so nom nom barrels.
ETA I also owned a DT SRS and dang I loved that gun. the only downsides were a less than perfect trigger and the barrel extensions making my barrel burners cost significantly more. I do regret selling my SRS a little bit. make a great long range hunting gun.
Everyone’s opinion is valid but when you said the srs is loved..you lost me lol

It’s not even in the same league as any generation AI I have in fit, finish, feel, ergonomics.

I bought my srs while on vacation on Bahamas..had a few drinks and it got the better of me lol

Great idea, and shoots well but it’s like mustang with a crate motor compared to a Ferrari. Both fast but you’ll never choose one over the other

Reactions: Ronin_64
I mean I've put more than a few thousand rounds on each platform and went through a couple barrels and situations so my opinions are what they are.
fit and finish was in no way comparable to an AI that's for sure. still both excellent rifles imho. maybe you got a bad DT? idk, I only had one example but mine was decent for sure.
if you think that's bad wait for it..
my favorite cheapo guns are SAVAGE!!! flame on lol

Reactions: brianf
I mean I've put more than a few thousand rounds on each platform and went through a couple barrels and situations so my opinions are what they are.
fit and finish was in no way comparable to an AI that's for sure. still both excellent rifles imho. maybe you got a bad DT? idk, I only had one example but mine was decent for sure.
if you think that's bad wait for it..
my favorite cheapo guns are SAVAGE!!! flame on lol
My friend jokes around when he touches a savage he washes his hands…to wash the poor off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Cody S
The MRAD shifts POI from zero when pressure is applied to the forarm.

Everyone’s opinion is valid but when you said the srs is loved..you lost me lol

It’s not even in the same league as any generation AI I have in fit, finish, feel, ergonomics.

I bought my srs while on vacation on Bahamas..had a few drinks and it got the better of me lol

Great idea, and shoots well but it’s like mustang with a crate motor compared to a Ferrari. Both fast but you’ll never choose one over the other
In a way it kind of is like comparing a hot rodded mustang to Ferrari. The DT is half the cost of the AI and more flexible on calibers.

The AI is more refined, has a smoother action, better trigger, better mag system, but comes at twice the cost plus 5-6 extra pounds and a foot more length when the stock is deployed.

In a way it kind of is like comparing a hot rodded mustang to Ferrari. The DT is half the cost of the AI and more flexible on calibers.

The AI is more refined, has a smoother action, better trigger, better mag system, but comes at twice the cost plus 5-6 extra pounds and a foot more length when the stock is deployed.
except for CQB 10” of length doesn’t really mean anything.

Yes it can pack slightly smaller but people have been hiking up the same mountains with long heavy rifles for a long time.

Never heard of a hunt or range day getting spoiled by rifle length.

ETA I also owned a DT SRS and dang I loved that gun. the only downsides were a less than perfect trigger and the barrel extensions making my barrel burners cost significantly more plus less than ideal balance for prs. I do regret selling my SRS a little bit. make a great long range hunting gun.
I hope whoever you were buying DT barrels from was encouraging you to reuse your barrel extensions and giving you a credit for them. Those extensions are not cheap at $285, but they can be kept and reused when you burn out barrels.

Weight wise the newer SRS A2 can be coupled with a lighter profile barrel and become a rifle that could be hunted with. It's not going to be a 6 lb sheep gun, but with it's shorter length you won't be smacking as many tree branches walking through a forest if the rifle is slung up on your shoulder.

I hope whoever you were buying DT barrels from was encouraging you to reuse your barrel extensions and giving you a credit for them. Those extensions are not cheap at $285, but they can be kept and reused when you burn out barrels.

Weight wise the newer SRS A2 can be coupled with a lighter profile barrel and become a rifle that could be hunted with. It's not going to be a 6 lb sheep gun, but with it's shorter length you won't be smacking as many tree branches walking through a forest if the rifle is slung up on your shoulder.
I could have worked around the extensions, yes. it was more the accumulation of all the other factors I sold that gun and all the parts I had for it. good gun but for what I wanted to do the AI was the ticket.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
except for CQB 10” of length doesn’t really mean anything.

Yes it can pack slightly smaller but people have been hiking up the same mountains with long heavy rifles for a long time.

Never heard of a hunt or range day getting spoiled by rifle length.
All personal Preference. I notice when hunting and running suppressors, if I have my DT slung on my shoulder, I’m hitting far fewer tree limbs with the suppressor while walking in the trees.

Packing my AI is almost like packing two rifles when it comes to weight.

Reactions: brianf