• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns AIWB: Sidecar or Holster and Mag carrier?

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
It's it more comfortable to use a sidecar holster or a holster and mag carrier for AIWB?

Thanks!

This.

Those holster and mag rigs all up in front are uncomfortable as fuck if you have any dick at all and don't have anorexia legs if you wear your pants at your hips like a normal person.
😂 Why are they so popular?

I'm 6', 185, athletic build - dunno if that matters.

If you carry appendix, the Tenicor Certum is excellent. The clips are a b*tch to take on and off compared to cheaper less secure plastic ones, but they grip very well.

I've never used a sidecar that was comfortable for more than 3 seconds.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Doesn't look like Tenicor makes any Sig Macro holster with light.

Why Tenicor? Better than T5 or Tier 1?
Quality. I've got no experience with T5, Tier 1 is good quality however sidecar style holsters is their bread and butter, they do have some non mag carrier holsters but I didn't find them to be anything special. +1 for Tenicor Certum

Quality. I've got no experience with T5, Tier 1 is good quality however sidecar style holsters is their bread and butter, they do have some non mag carrier holsters but I didn't find them to be anything special. +1 for Tenicor Certum
I could be sold, but no light!?

I prefer the aiwb from tier 1. Their current line is modular and you can remove the mag carrier. I use it without the mag carrier during the summer due to if being a bit cumbersome with just a t shirt.

I haven't seen either of those holster companies products stand up to the abuse that I've seen Tenicor products stand up to.

Take a look at what Craig Douglas has done with them.
In his golden years?

His Golden Years (Remastered) by Craig Douglas on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Reactions: Sblzrd65
Doesn't look like Tenicor makes any Sig Macro holster with light.

One of the many reasons I dumped the P365 platform and went back to Glock. But mostly because of the dead triggers I got in two different guns at the range from the grip module wearing by the takedown bar causing it to come off of the sear and render it an ineffective club. Also mags rusting like shit even with oiled religiously.

Reactions: AMGtuned
John Lovell likes em.

It comes down to personal preference. I ditched em because depending on what kind of belt you run or if you have a buckle or not, it can be difficult to place the wide holster + sidecar properly in the middle of your pants without stuff being in the way. I just found it easier/more comfortable to run a holster with separate mag carrier. Currently I run a Tenicor Certum3 with Phlster Enigma.

I have Tenicor and T1C. Both are excellent and suitable for different uses.

I prefer the T1C w/ sidecar under heavier clothing. It is pretty bulky but it balances well and has plenty of adjustment. The foam wedge system also helps a lot if you mess around with it. Can be a little bit adventurous when taking a leak but not bad by any means.

The Tenicor is my go to with summer clothing. Obviously much more compact, but very comfortable and much easier to conceal w/ t-shirt and shorts.

😂 Why are they so popular?

I'm 6', 185, athletic build - dunno if that matters.

Because for a lot of guys, they're the most comfortable. Everyones a little different, but a few things to consider when judging a holster setup on your body (appendix wise)
-What pants do you wear most? skinny/relaxed/levis(which is just cowboy skinny)/etc. This may determine how much your junk pushes up into the holster if you wear tighter jeans.

-Length between the top of your dick and where your belt rides naturally. Some guys can carry a 5" gun with X300 and still have room because they're lower torso is longer and has more room. I don't have a lot of room there as I have a short torso, so I do have to adjust my appendix rig so it sits higher up. If I don't, when I sit down, the holster smashes into the top of my junk.

-Width of hips - I can't carry at the 4 o'clock very well cause I have little boy hips. While you can put on muscle, you can't widen your bones lol. EDIT** If you do have skinny hips, and somewhat muscular legs, when you sit down the holster may ride into your groin/legs area. This was a problem for me until I adjusted the holster better. I also use the belt I wear to adjust tension as needed to make sitting for long periods more comfortable.

-Build - if you're a pie eating short boy, you might not even like appendix at all. I'm basically the same height and weight as you and I only carry appendix, generally speaking.

I think you should take note of what others have said about not liking sidecar style holsters, but you should 100% try one. I have found them to balance the best for me, without moving around or slopping back and forth. I only run 1 carry belt that is easily adjustable while carrying so I can adjust tension as needed on the fly. Provided you aren't wearing skinny skater jeans or cowboy denim, pissing is not a problem.

For reference, I carry a P01 with TLR-7a and a spare mag.

IMG_9198.jpg
IMG_9202.jpg

Last edited:
Because for a lot of guys, they're the most comfortable. Everyones a little different, but a few things to consider when judging a holster setup on your body (appendix wise)
-What pants do you wear most? skinny/relaxed/levis(which is just cowboy skinny)/etc. This may determine how much your junk pushes up into the holster if you wear tighter jeans.

-Length between the top of your dick and where your belt rides naturally. Some guys can carry a 5" gun with X300 and still have room because they're lower torso is longer and has more room. I don't have a lot of room there as I have a short torso, so I do have to adjust my appendix rig so it sits higher up. If I don't, when I sit down, the holster smashes into the top of my junk.

-Width of hips - I can't carry at the 4 o'clock very well cause I have little boy hips. While you can put on muscle, you can't widen your bones lol

-Build - if you're a pie eating short boy, you might not even like appendix at all. I'm basically the same height and weight as you and I only carry appendix, generally speaking.

I think you should take note of what others have said about not liking sidecar style holsters, but you should 100% try one. I have found them to balance the best for me, without moving around or slopping back and forth. I only run 1 carry belt that is easily adjustable while carrying so I can adjust tension as needed on the fly. Provided you aren't wearing skinny skater jeans or cowboy denim, pissing is not a problem.

View attachment 8057347View attachment 8057348
Not to derail the thread too much -- how are you mounting your rmr? Almost looks like a dovetail base plate?

-Width of hips - I can't carry at the 4 o'clock very well cause I have little boy hips. While you can put on muscle, you can't widen your bones lol

View attachment 8057347View attachment 8057348
You're assuming I have "junk".

Just kidding - great info.

Reactions: Gustav7
Another vote for the PHLster Floodlight. It goes off of the light, not the handgun. Say you're running a Streetlight TLR-1, so any other one using it also works. Also another vote for Henry, have one of theirs as well.

For a separate mag I like the NeoMag. It's uses magnets to attach to the mag and a clip so from the outside it looks similar to a pen/knife/etc and can thus be moved around as needed.

I tried some t1c axis holsters and they were generally comfortable for me (staccato p/x300 and 4”M&p/tlr7a) but they’re more of a pain if I need to take a leak. I pretty much exclusively carry with a las concealment saya 2.0 now and a jm custom mag carrier. Much more flex and adjustability.