• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK for PRS?

I had a 223 AK and it was more accurate than most of my AR15 rifles I have owned. But it was with reloads not the steel cased junk. The steel case stuff actually shoots very well if you replace the bullet with something good. SD's in the single digits was normal.

Holy fucking autism what’s going on in here

1715578080730.gif

If you spend enough money you could get an AK into shooting matches and win some but its like putting a whole lot of money into a pinto trying to make it a street race care .....why bother when there are much better chassis' to start out with . I own 2 out of the over 100 MILLION made ,after shooting cheap [.40] russian/ukraine mil spec ammo i patch clean/oil the bore done. When the bolt carrier looks like a chia pet i clean it deeper and use 60 year old wheel bearing grease . If a zombie apocalypse starts my go to gats are the AK 's they will stack bodies at 50 meters all day long , 100 meters for the younger eyes . They are permanently in the top 5 of GOAT combat weapons and will be doing bad things 100 years from now but not tack driving .

The ALG trigger is quite good, but it is usually Rockwell harder than the bolt carrier tail and can cause peening, which may or may not be a concern.

-Stan

Reactions: lash
What in the actual fuck. I thought I was a fucking dork LARPER for going to a rendezvous dressed up as a colonist. Honestly, I just wanted to shoot my flintlocks, and it was a requirement.
Just as long as you didn't go as a red coat.

The ALG trigger is quite good, but it is usually Rockwell harder than the bolt carrier tail and can cause peening, which may or may not be a concern.

-Stan
I can't count how many "fixes" there are for them which ironically cause other issues . Over the decades mine survived the need to reshape the hammer ,power springs ,buffer/gasket ,adjustable gas block/piston ,shepherds hook ,enhanced safety , light primer strikes , dongs etc lol

Too late, you've opened pandoras box.
View attachment 8416970View attachment 8416971
View attachment 8416969

View attachment 8416965View attachment 8416966View attachment 8416968
This guy is actually cool.
View attachment 8416972

Some guys are just goofing around having a good time. Some of these weirdos legit wear the masks for the whole weekend for "opsec" or whatever.
Comic-Con meets AKs.

You just know that there are some guys on here that will attend this year’s event.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Looks like kind of a good time. Can't get any more ridiculous than the gravy seals who larp around in their local back 40 with full tac gear for 'Tactical Readiness'. Or some shit like that while maintaining a toad gut that shields their organs better than a plate would.
and spend the day doing mag change practice with their pretty boi AR's

Reactions: carbonbased

Not a single French made to be found

For anyone not into AK's, Robski also has a channel called Vintage Sniper Rifles. He dedicates that channel to reviewing the newest latest and greatest from Kel-Tec

I mean, long as they're being safe and having a good time, more people partaking in enjoyment of the shooting sports normalizes such pursuits for everyone.

on the topic of accurate AKs, the biggest enemy to accuracy in the AK platform has always been unpredictable barrel flex because of stamped receivers coupled with decent length barrels, relatively small trunnion as a proporiton of that length, and a large and usually not properly balanced reciprocating mass.

I think you could probably do a pretty nice accurate AK by using a yugo rpk type design for the stronger trunnion but milled for best tolerances, and make the carrier to match, then do a balancing job on the carrier so it doesn't have any tendency to tilt. Barrel it in 6mm ARC with the shortest barrel you can get away with, and roll a 2-point top cover.

one thing I notice is that most people showing up to an AK match are still bringing steelcase junk to the matches, when using something like hornady black SSTs in a quality AK can increase the overall accuracy dramatically.

once upon a time I was indeed a poor, so I learned to be as accurate as I could get with a cheap rifle and some tinkering.

clone load of the hornady is 26.2gr of accurate 1680 under an SST loaded to cannelure length , still have about 300 of them boxed up I think.

Just so. it wasn’t designed to be accurate. It was designed to keep functioning under the worst circumstances in the hands of filthy peasants who want free shit and are willing to murder to get it. No need for accuracy at range because they‘re all expendable and just a resource for the state to use and throw away. Better not to bother with training and just teach them to spray at close range.

I wanted to do an M-14 for PRS because fun. I suck anyway, so might as well look cool sucking.
Do it. I've used my SVDs in matches before for shits and grins. Shot a DMR match with it last year and another guy brought an SR25 to use. We sure as shit didn't win, but got a helluva lot more questions and requests to shoot our guns than everyone with an AR 15 :)

SVD.jpg

SR25.jpg