• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AMP annealer Aztec, ?

Rhed

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2018
Wondering if the Aztec program is worth getting? I don’t turn necks for my gasers. If that info matters.But I do anneal after every firing after wet tumble. Any other benefits to look at as to what Aztec has to offer besides what presets that AMP already has? Thanks in advance..

Mainly it has to do with not having to send cases in to get the exact program for that particular lot/make of brass. I haven't upgraded (yet) and am waiting to here what others (that do upgrade) think of the new software. Realistically, this upgrade is beneficial to wildcatters and the anal retentive types that want that uber degree of accuracy (without sending cases to the lab) when annealing or for those that have a wildcat case that just not very common.

Yea, best to wait. I’m more so annealing for brass longevity. How much more will Aztec make a difference? I guess it’s up to the individual on how critical they want for brass prep. I just picked up 2 boxes of .308 Lapua brass. I’m gonna check if there is any variance in neck thickness. And look at AMP stored data online. I’m thinking 1/2 a thousandths off probably won’t even matter. I think..

Reactions: Mclark48
Nice.. I think I’m gonna take advantage of this today and take the plunge with AZTEC. Mine as well, since the machine is capable of such feature. 195$ is not bad at all.