• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

An observation...

GoWyo

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2001
Central Highlands of Wyoming
Ok, so I've been on the hide for over nine years as a quasi-lurker. I've learned a lot, tried to keep up with the technology. I also hunt, shoot, and collect firearms, so I'm on the classifieds a lot. Haven't bought anything yet.

I see lots of long timers hammer on the count padders for the arbitrary "BTT's, nice gun, wish I had the funds", etc. Apparently it's an issue as the post count went up to 100. No worries, I understand and golly, it seems reasonable.

However, I see as many high count posters doing the same exact thing, complementing the seller, etc. Ribbing their buddies for being gun whores (i like that one).

Just sayin', I don't see the difference between the fng and the 3001 posts-since-registering-last-year user when they post this stuff. I've done it a time or two myself, esp. for those choice sticks I will never be able to buy.

It's almost like there are amateur padders and professional padders (they've earned the right to post those three or four letters- BTT or BUMP.)

So I just wanted to say, after nine years of observing, you might want to wait one before jumping the FNG. (also another form of holier than thou padding)

mild rant over. Carry on.

Re: An observation...

The difference is the long timers contribute to the site overall and don't need to pad their post count.They can already sell on the forum as a service LL alows to us.Alot of times they are just bumping an item for a friend to keep it near the top.This is not a commercial selling site and alot of people try to take advantage of the fact there are no fees to sell here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so I've been on the hide for over nine years as a quasi-lurker. I've learned a lot, tried to keep up with the technology. I also hunt, shoot, and collect firearms, so I'm on the classifieds a lot. Haven't bought anything yet.

I see lots of long timers hammer on the count padders for the arbitrary "BTT's, nice gun, wish I had the funds", etc. Apparently it's an issue as the post count went up to 100. No worries, I understand and golly, it seems reasonable.

However, I see as many high count posters doing the same exact thing, complementing the seller, etc. Ribbing their buddies for being gun whores (i like that one).

Just sayin', I don't see the difference between the fng and the 3001 posts-since-registering-last-year user when they post this stuff. I've done it a time or two myself, esp. for those choice sticks I will never be able to buy.

It's almost like there are amateur padders and professional padders (they've earned the right to post those three or four letters- BTT or BUMP.)

So I just wanted to say, after nine years of observing, you might want to wait one before jumping the FNG. (also another form of holier than thou padding)

mild rant over. Carry on.</div></div>
ok

When the new guy has posted over 100 post in two days, and not one of them was started by him/her, then we all know what he/she is doing, there're trying to open the door to the for sale section.

There is a difference when it comes to someone who truly wants to learn and contribute to those who are posting stupid crap only so they can sell their stuff.

Oh yeah, BTT

What about the annoying,< high post count,< relative new comer< who never sells anything?
<<<<-----

While women may find <span style="text-decoration: line-through">him</span>them irresistable, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">he is</span> they are the worst!

Bump

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the annoying,< high post count,< relative new comer< who never sells anything?
<<<<-----

While women may find <span style="text-decoration: line-through">him</span>them irresistable, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">he is</span> they are the worst!

Bump

laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'll second that motion!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so I've been on the hide for over nine years as a quasi-lurker.

</div></div>

Quasi lurker? Either your a lurker, like I was, or not......come on out of the closet and LURK for goodness sake.

If I type the Bill of Rights one word at a time would that be considered contributing something useful? Sweet!! I just padded my post count by 1. A couple more years and I will be able to sell my legos. Sorry, Started on the bottle early today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you might want to wait one before jumping the FNG. (also another form of holier than thou padding)
</div></div>

Yeah, what he said

LMFAO, I knew this would get some attention, and I was half asleeep when I first read it so I wasn't all there to make the great smartass remarks. Very good Gents.

Oh, and

BTT.

Hmmm... I hear what both sides are saying. I don't have a dog in this fight, I am not here to sell anything, with that being said..... the rules are what they are, period.

But, a little civility to all members.....newbys, old guys, posters, low posters (me included
smirk.gif
) everyone (maybe not Maser)....would not hurt the site. I know this site isn't for a bunch hand holders, but respect to another goes a long ways. I am sure that when and if things get out of hand LL will take action, that is good enough for me.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVpIAmCVrWM&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVpIAmCVrWM&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

it just seemed to fit
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVpIAmCVrWM&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVpIAmCVrWM&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

it just seemed to fit
grin.gif
</div></div>

Pure f&cking gold. LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
droidshort2.jpg
</div></div>

I'll be shocked if that doesn't earn you a few days off.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">somebody owes me a new keyboard............

<span style="text-decoration: underline">and someone buy my TBA .308 please </span></div></div>

I'd buy it in a minute if I didn't need the money for my upcoming brain transplant.

Here's a bump for you though! Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here's a bump for you though! Good luck!
</div></div>

+1 on the bump.

Dammit, shankster! I can't look away!

Why is it damn near every single so-so to hot chick always has a 'we gotta go' girl that hangs out with her...must be to make her look that much better by comparison. I got up as far as 'herfirstfatgirl.com' and elected to stop before my eyes were burned.

Oh yeah while I am at it,

This thread is beautiful! If I didn't already have a thread like this I would have started this one. Wife says no way I can have two threads with "like" topics so I am gonna give this one a free bump TTT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is beautiful! If I didn't already have a thread like this I would have started this one. Wife says no way I can have two threads with "like" topics so I am gonna give this one a free bump TTT. </div></div>

Nice post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is beautiful! If I didn't already have a thread like this I would have started this one. Wife says no way I can have two threads with "like" topics so I am gonna give this one a free bump TTT. </div></div>

Nice post.</div></div>

+1

37 posts in over 9 years qualifies you as a full Lurker status.

I am a quasi lurker.

We would love it if you wanted to contribute some of the knowledge you have picked up over the years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2r4l5pi.jpg
</div></div>

fap </div></div>

Hahahahahahaha

Bump, even though it's at the top of the page already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We would love it if you wanted to contribute some of the knowledge you have picked up over the years. </div></div>

Ok, here it is. I've decided that Quasi-lurker should have been über-lurker.

1. The search function is your friend.

2. If your jaws a'flappin', you aren't learning anything, (well, this is a universal constant.) and nothing
beats trigger time.

3. That the Wounded Warrior Project and folks here that support it are at the top of my list of "Good
guys". They get my contributions and respect.

4. ACOGS are overpriced. Awesome glass, but too spendy.

5. There isn't any human way to read all the posts on the hide, ergo Mods aren't human.

6. That the AR platform can be over accessorized.

7. That using military acronyms should be considered a second language.

8. The majority of hide members have a great sense of humor.

9. There are a ton of factoids that have been posted and golden rule lists generated. These are worth
your time to read.

10.See number one.

There, that's it.

I never said I was a quick study.

Well instead of posting some form of useless bump, or witty expression, I'll just stick to what I do best...

<span style="font-size: 20pt">BOOM!</span>

3822big-natural-boobs.jpg

NOW this thread just became interesting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">8. The majority of hide members have a great sense of humor.</div></div>

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We would love it if you wanted to contribute some of the knowledge you have picked up over the years. </div></div>

Ok, here it is. I've decided that Quasi-lurker should have been über-lurker.

1. The search function is your friend.

2. If your jaws a'flappin', you aren't learning anything, (well, this is a universal constant.) and nothing
beats trigger time.

3. That the Wounded Warrior Project and folks here that support it are at the top of my list of "Good
guys". They get my contributions and respect.

4. ACOGS are overpriced. Awesome glass, but too spendy.

5. There isn't any human way to read all the posts on the hide, ergo Mods aren't human.

6. That the AR platform can be over accessorized.

7. That using military acronyms should be considered a second language.

8. The majority of hide members have a great sense of humor.

9. There are a ton of factoids that have been posted and golden rule lists generated. These are worth
your time to read.

10.See number one.

There, that's it.

I never said I was a quick study.

</div></div>

WTF? You missed spin drift and coriolis? What is wrong with you? have you learned nothing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a quasi lurker. </div></div>

Hi. My name is Noah and I am a half-assed lurker. This week I posted two things on SH and neither of them contributed greatly to the topics. With therapy (in the form of spent primers, burned powder, punched paper, and perforated wildlife) I feel I may one day be a valuable member of the community. Thank you.

eek.gif