• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Any through the scope pics of H59

buckskin52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
western PA
Looking for an actual through the scope picture of a H59 reticle. I recieved My S&B with the H59 it has the extra minute of wind and says H59 but it does not seem to have the broken cross hair like it says it should. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Any through the scope pics of H59

That's a H-58 not H-59.

Use the Google snipers hide search engine on the right side bar and type in your request. There's a few threads here on the hide with pics.

Steve- He is correct. That picture is of the H59 found in the 3-20 S & B. It has a solid center like the H58, but the extra windage like an H59. IMO the best of both.

blaster--your reticle is exactly as intended and is indeed what S & B marks as an H59. If you use the Horus reticle as intended, you almost NEVER use the center of the reticle and if you do need the center, IMO having the ability to quarter a target is WAY more useful than a little dot.

Good luck with the scope...man those are some big honkin' lens covers! Be careful what rings you chose to mount it. The turret housing is so big, Seekins low rings may be too low...mine clears by .003". Should be the PERFECT glass for ASC!

Thanks for the responses steve and 19scout77. that is kind of odd to mark it H59 and then not have it be an actual H59 with no info saying they are going to be doing this. The only thing I am worried about is it actually covering the entire target, those main cross hairs are so honking thick I would think it would completely cover a 10x10 square at 1000 yards, I bought a spuhr mount for this one so it should work if I decide to mount it up. Speaking of ASC I am going to pick up my recently built 300 win mag for the next ASC if I am fortunate enough to make it back.

But there's the thing...with your new 300...you are going to be using a hashmark at 6.5 mils or so, so who cares if the center cross hair is thick.

Do you have much experience with Horus? I have found that once you get accustomed, you very rarely dial.

My guess is the main stadia are so thick for low mag purposes.

Yeah I hear what you are saying. I was looking for the best of both worlds as far as dialing for some shots especially when shooting at groundhogs and other, very small critters at 700 to 1000 yards which I believe the main stadia line will completely cover the target. But I guess I will still be holding for wind. I am just going to have to think about this for a day or so to make sure I want to keep it. I am still kind of taken back that they changed it and did not say anything about it

What is it with you guys from western PA and your incessant need to turn rodents inside out!!
smile.gif

blaster. where are you in Western PA? You should head out to Reade for the Summer match, Aug 11-12. I think there are still a couple open slots...check the comps forum.

I am a little bit over two hours from there, I would be there in a heartbeat if I was not going to be in Montana. The spring match I was gone for also. I will make it there someday. I will be at rayners in November though, that is a fun match also

As already mentioned, Schmidt has a regular cross in their H59. I believe it was done this was on purpose due to illumination.

The HDMR H59 has the dot but it's non-illuminated.

H592.JPG