• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody Swapped Out a WOA Gas Manifold?

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm assuming that there is a 10-word or less correct answer to this question:

My 18 inch Predator barrel that I ordered New Years came in, and like a good little monkey I raced to the shop and started slapping things together. Lo and behold, the supplied proprietary 1.477" gas manifold that looks more suitable for something M82A1 size will not even come close to fitting under my hand guard (Aero ATLAS).

WOA's website lists the gas block diameter at .875"...but nothing on gas tube length (or on manifold diameter, which would make things so easy, and prevented this issue in the first place). The barrel has a dimple...so I'm assuming this is as straight forward a swap as any other barrel, and I can fix this in five minutes.

Am I screwing up by jumping online and ordering an .875" lo-pro block and rifle-length tube? I already have an extra roll pin.

Seems to me like this is a simple fix, but I figured I'd ask the gurus here before I checkout and waste more money.

I'm pretty sure the predator has a proprietary intermediate ish length gas system. But there's no reason any .875 GB won't work on the barrel. There is a good chance you will have a hard time fitting any .875 block under that notoriously small I.D. handguard though.