• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone have recent info on quality of IMI/Sampson 5.56 55gr ammo?

Bonjourjr

SFC
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2011
Kansas City, MO
I placed an order for some fed xm193 from brownells back in November 2012 and forgot about it. I recently received an email with an offer from brownells to switch the product from federal to imi/sampson 55gr 193. the ranges I frequent don't allow me to use 855 so I use 193. I have searched a bit on google but all I could come up with was old postings about the quality. Apparently it hasn't been offered for sale here in the US for a while. Basically I am looking for any updated info on its quality. Thanks

5.56mm 55gr FMJ 30/Box : FMJ RIFLE AMMO | Brownells

http://www.imi-israel.com/home/doc.aspx?mCatID=68555

Last edited:
Hard to believe nobody on the hide has any input regarding this ammunition

I got the email earlier this month. Bit the bullet so to speak. I don't know how they are now, but their reviews before are typically well received. I don't want to wait another year for the original stuff. I read a few times that Samson/IMI 5.56 are usually hotter.

Shot good in a friends S&W. I didnt fire any. I kept his brass and just reloaded a batch and all went well reloading it. Havent fired my reloads but I thought cosmetically the brass looked better and loaded easier than WCC.

If that helps or matters.