• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone noticing ammo availability improving?

There is plenty of those 2 calibers available. You just have to pay up for it. Just go to Ammoseek, there is a plethora of companies selling ammo of all calibers. So, I have a difficult time believing that there's a 2 year backlog.
Telling people you have a 2 year backlog is the easiest way to get them to keep paying the high prices.

Prices will gradually drop over the next 6 months if nothing stupid happens in this country, but if I was a betting man???

Improving would be a stretch in everything I've found, I guess if you want to pay 3+ times normal pricing then yes there are things to be found and purchased. I don't think things will come back to normal as fast as guys think, the normal Fudd Guys that kept a couple hundred rounds are now trying to buy things in bulk, the scalpers aren't gonna stop buying shit up until people stop paying outrageous prices, and then you have all the real gun guys that shoot a lot trying to keep their piles high. A lot of people are using Bots now to snag shit up before you even get to a website and get your Credit Card entered. There is a shortage of steel, wood, homes, vehicles, chicken, meat, glass, and something new everyday so no I don't see firearm related shit coming back anytime soon

Reactions: tomcatmv
Improving would be a stretch in everything I've found, I guess if you want to pay 3+ times normal pricing then yes there are things to be found and purchased. I don't think things will come back to normal as fast as guys think, the normal Fudd Guys that kept a couple hundred rounds are now trying to buy things in bulk, the scalpers aren't gonna stop buying shit up until people stop paying outrageous prices, and then you have all the real gun guys that shoot a lot trying to keep their piles high. A lot of people are using Bots now to snag shit up before you even get to a website and get your Credit Card entered. There is a shortage of steel, wood, homes, vehicles, chicken, meat, glass, and something new everyday so no I don't see firearm related shit coming back anytime soon
It's not gonna be back to "normal" for another several months to a year. That's my $0.02.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
It's not gonna be back to "normal" for another several months to a year. That's my $0.02.
I'd agree there I guess that's what I would consider improving is being somewhat close to normal. I don't mind prices fluctuating and paying a little more than normal and I don't base everything off 10yrs ago pricing but I just don't consider improving the ability to purchase something for 3+ times normal pricing just because It wasn't available 3 months ago.

I'd agree there I guess that's what I would consider improving is being somewhat close to normal. I don't mind prices fluctuating and paying a little more than normal and I don't base everything off 10yrs ago pricing but I just don't consider improving the ability to purchase something for 3+ times normal pricing just because It wasn't available 3 months ago.
yeah, I expect 556 to go down to like 40cpr and hold about there, 223 will be 35cpr instead of the former price of roughly 32 and 28 respectively

Reactions: BoltRunner
yeah, I expect 556 to go down to like 40cpr and hold about there, 223 will be 35cpr instead of the former price of roughly 32 and 28 respectively
Shit everyone can keep all the .223/5.56 and 9mm they want I'm just trying to get powder for less than $60 pound, LR Primers for less than $150/1000, and Berger's for less than double normal pricing. Might just fucking give up, build a Precision Slingshot, and get a semi load of gravel delivered for ammo :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: tomcatmv
I'm getting more emails from wideners and sg ammo, and others, more inventory and lower prices. As always, as long as people are buying, longer it will take to iron out.

Reactions: clcustom1911
I'm getting more emails from wideners and sg ammo, and others, more inventory and lower prices. As always, as long as people are buying, longer it will take to iron out.

I too have gotten some emails from companies sayinig they have ammo in stock. However it's out of stock by the time I get to the web page. This will soon improve and we'll all be laughing at this next year. I hope.

This will soon improve and we'll all be laughing at this next year.
901a5b0fb607dc1ab97ac9a59f0e8c3c.gif

LGS has had .223/5.56 for a long time now, but at >$1 per round? No thanks.
9mm is on the shelf and .22LR is as well. But $99 for 500 rounds of rimfire? No thanks.

I haven't seen powder or primers in 6 months anywhere near me. I stopped shooting matches this year.

I was in a lgs that had lots of ammo. 9 and 223 and even stuff like 30 carbine. still too expensive for me to buy since I don’t need it. another store had 10 mm critical duty I was interested in but at $35/20 rd box, I declined.

My local Atwoods has been getting ammo pretty regularly. The .22lr and 9mm are kinda stupid (and it's all I see folks leaving with) but they have 140gr ELD-M for 31.99/box. Not great compared to when I was getting it from Able's for $222.00/case but I'm not complaining. And when I see places getting $60-ish a box I'm almost happy :lol: Last time I was in for my 1 box the dude behind the counter told me they still had several cases in the back. I'm good on everything else so I've been focusing on that one...

Last edited:
LGS has had .223/5.56 for a long time now, but at >$1 per round? No thanks.
9mm is on the shelf and .22LR is as well. But $99 for 500 rounds of rimfire? No thanks.

I haven't seen powder or primers in 6 months anywhere near me. I stopped shooting matches this year.
Have you been to the CCI site in the last 2 months? Almost every morning you can get 500 CCI SV shipped for $55. As a matter of fact here it is right now this morning

CCI shows Quiet 22 in stock this morning as well. Grabbed a brIck of that and SV. Put me just over the threshold for free shipping too!

Last edited:
CCI shows Quiet 22 in stock this morning as well. Grabbed a buck of that and SV. Put me just over the threshold for free shipping too!

Thanks for the info. I bought Quiet, Standard Velocity and Velocitor HP.

I'm gonna go shooting now, well in 15-20 days. Shipping time sucks but I guess it's better than nothing.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Thanks for the info. I bought Quiet, Standard Velocity and Velocitor HP.

I'm gonna go shooting now, well in 15-20 days. Shipping time sucks but I guess it's better than nothing.
It will likely be inside 15...my orders were more like 10 days which was nice they seemed to under-promise and over deliver

Reactions: nikonNUT
It will likely be inside 15...my orders were more like 10 days which was nice they seemed to under-promise and over deliver

That will be nice. My youngest just had his birthday and he wants me to take him and his girl out for a day of shooting. This will replace the ammo we'll be shooting. Now I need to find 9mm for 20 cents a round and I'll be a happy poppa bear.

Last week I found a 1000 ct. Box cci 450`s at cabelas and abrick of blazer .22lr. Each was under $50. They limit the quality you can buy. The guy told me they find items in strange places through out the store. People go in buy what they can then hide the rest in the store for the next day.
Lots of ammo showing up around Dallas, Scheels also has had primers for over a week (limit 3 sleeves/day/type).
Looks like Remington is kicking out a lot of ammo now also.
Gotta love Scheels!!! My so lives in South Dakota and the Sioux Falls store had LRP and BR4 cci for $5/100. Support them for not price gouging.

Lucky Gunner had 1000 rounds of 115 grain Remington 9mm for 600 bucks. Sold out within a day.

I saw 147 gr 9mm for under 50 cents a round. First time in many, many months. Federal American Eagle junk, but hey, it's proving the prices are coming down.
Funny that you say "Federal American Eagle junk". When I bought my Les Baer 45 ACP ($2,800) certified for a 1.5 inch group at 50 yards, being a rifle guy, I thought they must be using some kind of super special match ammo. I called Les Baer (as tons of people have) and asked what super exotic ammo they used to get those results. The answer was "Federal American Eagle". I was kind of flabbergasted, but went out and got some. Sure enough, It was more accurate than anything else I used (including "match" ammo from specialty manufacturers).

Don't get me wrong. I thought it was junk too, but at least in 45 ACP, that gun is a laser with it. Surprises me every time.

Some more primers up in smoke:devilish:

This factory was more into 20mm+ ordanance. Although according to news they sell some 60mio$ per year of ammo to US as well.So ither WASR crowd took a hit or more likely a jihadi group or two from 'train and equip program'

an-employee-pulls-a-trolley-loaded-with-122mm-m60-smoke-shell-casings-picture-id455251990

Last edited: