• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SOLD AR15 Target Rifle with 20" Proof 223 Barrel

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
This rifle was built with a Proof Research SS 20" 223 Wylde barrel (1:8) that's a tack driver with a variety of bullets, including 77 SMK. JP muzzle brake. BCM upper and STAG lower. Handguard is 15" Midwest Industries. Trigger is a Geissele 2-stage trigger. This is a perfect setup for competition or precision shooting, and handy enough as compared to a target/macth AR15 with bull barrel. Shot less than 900 rds.

$1175 $1100 shipped to your FFL.
$775 $675 for the complete upper.
$675 $575 for the upper minus BCG/CH.
I will keep the CA-compliant pistol grip. Scope/mount not included.

The upper is SPF

IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg

Last edited:
Interested in the upper.

What rounds (factory or custom) shot well out of it?

I haven't bought factory ammo since I started reloading a few years ago. I only shot hand loads with this rifle, mostly SMK77 bullets but also tried SMK 69, Hornady 53 VMAX, even the 55 FMJ. The barrel like them and gave me 0.5-1 MOA quite consistently. With FMJ there were more flies as expected.

It got about 800 rounds on the barrel. Still a lot of life left.

Last edited:
This rifle was built with a Proof Research SS 20" 223 Wylde barrel that's a tack driver with a variety of bullets, including 77 SMK. JP muzzle brake. BCM upper and STAG lower. Handguard is 15" Midwest Industries. Trigger is a Geissele 2-stage trigger. This is a perfect setup for competition or precision shooting. Shot less than 900 rds.

$1175 shipped to your FFL.
$775 for the complete upper.
$675 for the upper minus BCG/CH.
I will keep the CA-compliant pistol grip. Scope/mount not included.

View attachment 8373956View attachment 8373957
What twist is the barrel?