• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arisaka's?

Re: Arisaka's?

I have 2 . one is chambered in 6.5 jap the other is in 7.7 they both have the stamp on the top of the reciever under the scope mount. gonna be worth big money one day they both have differant stocks on them with the raised cheekpiece .

I have 2 with the bayonets. No scopes on them, just iron sights. Good piece of history

The range I frequent has one for sale in their pro shop. I believe it just had irons but it was in great shape and had very smooth bolt operation. Not sure what kind of value these guns have but they wanted around $300 or so, IIRC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silent death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do I post pics? </div></div>

You need a photo hosting account (like Photobucket) - upload to there, then copy the IMG code of the pic you want to post into the text of your post and you're done.

yes both mine are they both have the stamp on the top of the barrels . but both have custom made stocks i would post pics but i dont see a place to upload them?

silentdeath - that's the html reference, you need the IMG code (the next option down in the drop down menu when you put the cursor over the picture)

I had two up in Alaska, I should have brought them back as they were sold out from under me in an estate rip-off...no legal paperwork to say they were mine so they were gone.

And mine were actually found on Kitska in the 40's, bummer. I don't remember much about them, one taller one and one shorter one.

NNot a huge fan but they are unique and they were used as sniper rifles- not common so they have my interest to see pics!!

Not a sniper edition, but a cool piece of history all the same.

I inherited this Arisaka and Japanese bugle from my great Uncle, who as far as we know, brought them back from the south pacific. He passed away when I was about 10, so I never really got to ask him about it, but I convinced my parents to let me keep it. Everyone assumed that it was inoperable until I started doing some research as I got older. After reading about Arisakas, I looked at mine, and it looked to be in good shape, so I cleaned the heck out of it, put some oil on it and found some ammo at a gun show. I have only run a couple of boxes through it, but it's very accurate and enjoyable to shoot, and the weight really helps keep the recoil down. The numbers don't match on the bolt and the rifle, and the bayonet is a different arsenal than the gun, but its pretty cool all the same. The dust cover and the mum are still there and the bayonet has what looks like bullet ricochets on the scabbard. The bell of the bugle also has what appears to be shrapnel or a shotgun blast through it(that's just my guess, but I don't know what else would make that pattern of little holes). It was missing the top of the forearm grip and the cleaning rod, but I found a forearm on ebay that matches the finish pretty well, and I have a short cleaning rod (type 99 or carbine I believe) that I keep in there for appearances.

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette

That's cool!!

Wikipedia has an article on these rifles that designate what those markings mean - was googling it yesterday...

Nice piece of history ya got there - Numrich may have your cleaning rod in stock...or whatever parts ya may need (Not sure)

yay it worked lol... the pictures suck though. one is a 6.5 jap the other is a 7.7jap both guns fire good and function good. just wondering what i should value them at. i havent seen many like mine that wer customised

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the sporterized Arisakas, even the well done ones, are bringing much money. The collectors shun them because they are no longer historically accurate, and target shooters pass them by because there are modern rifles to be had that are more accurate out of the box.

cpc1027 is right. I have one also and it´s not worth a lot of money because it´s sporterized. It will do it´s job as a hunting rifle but that´s about it.

My arisakas arent sniper editions but shoot well. I have a 6.5 and a 7.7. I really like the irons on the 7.7. Ghost ring rear and a pyamid/triangle on the front.

As an interesting aside, a friend of mine and I had an old military bolt action shoot off about a year ago where we got out all of our old military rifles and fired 5 rnd groups out of each @ 100 yrds. And tho I never would have believed it that old 7.7 took the prize.

Rifles included in the shoot off
7.7 Jap
6.5 Jap
7.62x54 m44 carbine
2 schmidt rubens (sp?)
yugo 8mm mauser
6.5 swedish mauser

I thought sure the swede or one of the schmidt reubens woulda won. But that day the 7.7 jap had em. ( I think it was the sights as much as anything).

I have an 83. It shoots EXTREMELY well w/ some norma ammo of unknown bullet lol. I got it for free and thought the barrel was screwed, looked like hell. I took it home, cleaned it and low and behold the barrel was like a mirror. Probably 50 years of dust and dirt mixed with grease! Mine shoots about 8 inches high at 100 yds w/ the sight all the way down though. Itty bitty groups (for irons) though. Was told the sight has a 300 yard zero all the way down. Just as was said in the Mosin thread "aim at the belt buckle" strategy was in play.

There was an Arisaka sniper for sale online not too long ago. 7.7 I believe. I'd never seen one for sale until that came along.