• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Army M24 Build Thread

Finally got a chance to take pictures of my SWS
0CF651F8-2662-4E21-8B7B-89D399ADA056.jpeg

I’m only missing the flash hider/suppressor and cheap soft case. If anyone has either HMU. I’ve got some Surefire lights and misc firearm gear for trade or I can buy it from ya.
E55CECD1-3125-4865-80F2-63E6241128A0.jpeg

I get it, the Eagle Industries stuff is hard to procure, some of it's available on the secondary market though. I know GB has the correct OD hybrid drag bag for sale and it looked like Ebay had the scope and crown cover. The stock pack might have to be subbed with a Triad Tactical but it's every bit as good and comes in OD. The US Tactical Supply data book, mildot master, and analog wind meter are all still available, albeit they're antiquated by today's standards.

The bipod, Otis kit, and polarized lens cover appear to be the same ones that came in the ASAK back in the day.

Reactions: LUNCHBOX0621
For anyone interested here's some links to some of the ASAK items that I was issued circa 2004-2005:

Dwyer Wind Meter - MPH

US Tactical Supply Data Book

Mildot Master

Tenebraex Polarizer

Harris S-BR Bipod

The Eagle Industries gear, well, I guess all I can say is good luck...

Triad Tactical makes a stock pack that would be a good substitute, my issued one was OD.

Galati Gear makes a drag bag that's a clone of the HSRC, although I can't vouch for the quality.

Last edited:
What year is that Mark 4, 98, 99 or later. Seems a lot of refurbs came with a m3a ultra with the m118 cam. Leupold had the m3a ultra as the issued scope for the M24, then they stopped making the ultra and started makinh the mk4 m3, then they changed the design and made the mk4 m3 with ccw turrets, the original ultra and original mk4 had cw turret cams.

Reactions: m1marty
My M24 came with a CCW 308 BDC. Was this common?

I think most came with the M3A and earlier M4 scopes with CW turrets, but your scope is "correct" for a very late M24 that presumably needed a replacement scope during the 200Xs. I have not been able to identify what year Leupold switched to the CCW turrets on the Mk 4, but I think it was in the early 2000s. Your Leupold rings with the round/circular area are also the late rings. (The Torx screw heads are also a very late feature). The earlier Ultra rings had a rectangular surface on top, and the machining was a bit rougher on them as well. (screws were regular Allen head in the 1980s-1990s era)

What I like about your scope is that the paint pattern on the stock and front portion of the scope match, so they were matched up in service. Very neat.

Have seen any after G with regards the early MK4 M3's with cw turrets. Does anyone in the group have a late cw mk4 m3 by chance?

Have seen any after G with regards the early MK4 M3's with cw turrets. Does anyone in the group have a late cw mk4 m3 by chance?

I have an H prefix Mk 4 with CCW turrets. I think its a 1997 dated scope. Its not for sale, as I'm using
it on my replica of a USMC M14 DMR rifle. I never could find a GG&G-USMC marked scope mount
so I am using the SEI mount that was used on the very late DMRs and the subsequent M39 rifles.

DMR_optics_left.jpg

Reactions: sandwarrior
I have an H prefix Mk 4 with CCW turrets. I think its a 1997 dated scope. Its not for sale, as I'm using
it on my replica of a USMC M14 DMR rifle. I never could find a GG&G-USMC marked scope mount
so I am using the SEI mount that was used on the very late DMRs and the subsequent M39 rifles.

View attachment 7192298
H would be 2000, so probly 99-2000 timeframe, can't see Leupold still making cw turrets after that since they started makinh ccw by then. Very nice rifle, haven't seen the gg&g one piece mounts only the rings that were used on the USMC rifles.

I'm pretty sure its just a plain jane Allen case 48 inches, definitely not the same value as an Eagle HSRC

Picked up the HSRC for a good price and don’t need a second one, but I’d like to complete the SWS with the soft case and hook anyone up here that might’ve needed one.

For those looking for a sling, found a dude on ebay that sells the USGI Small Arms Leather Sling, with parkerized hooks and MRT treatment. HMU if you want the link.
D388BCFB-27B6-47AD-BCF6-A3F770CF12A4.jpeg
33C399EC-AA63-44F5-87EF-512359205652.jpeg
C3C435C6-6AF4-4430-A1DD-3B59BB523094.jpeg

Although, they’re not the Canadian made M24 slings that shipped with the M24R.

Anyone have a line on the adjustable butt pad? I'd like to convert my M24 police

Anyone have a line on the adjustable butt pad? I'd like to convert my M24 police
Are you referring to the Remington pad? If you are I might. I found some that might be the correct replacement. I'll let you know in a couple of days.

I would like to find the entire adjustable piece. Mine has the fixed buttstock

Found another piece to the SWS puzzle.

Unfortunately it's for the redfield sight and not the OK. Anyone have the OK FH lock nut or Redfield sights they'd like to trade? or a lead on the Redfield sights?

A557B308-1193-45D4-8ABB-C4C6A803A5A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: sandwarrior
Found another piece to the SWS puzzle.

Unfortunately it's for the redfield sight and not the OK. Anyone have the OK FH lock nut or Redfield sights they'd like to trade? or a lead on the Redfield sights?

View attachment 7211469
Most fh on the market are for the old Redfield frony block .175, the front blocks are out there, as are the rear sight mounts. The globe sight and international rear, pop up on ebay or gb every now and a while

Most fh on the market are for the old Redfield frony block .175, the front blocks are out there, as are the rear sight mounts. The globe sight and international rear, pop up on ebay or gb every now and a while

Is there a specific Redfield rear target sight that is correct for the M24?

Is there a specific Redfield rear target sight that is correct for the M24?

Redfield wb490, the inside top has to be bevelled to fit the rings, unless you are fortunate enough to find an original. Outback gun parts used to make some, if they have some avialable you can ask for Redfield M24 wb490