• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear AT-X Chassis on 16" barreled action

eyekahn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2012
Is anyone running this? The shorter 13" railed AT-X chassis on a 16" rifle?

Also, is anyone running a full length bridge and top rail on a 13" model chassis? If so did you have to modify it?

Looking to swap my AX chassis for an AT-X but don't want to lose the continuous top rail or the capability to run my 16" barrel.

Thanks!

Reactions: CageFighter
I am running the 13" with an 18" barrel to give you an idea...
20240409_154019.jpg
20240409_153949.jpg

My buddy brought over his short chassis ATX for us to mock up some rail situations.

It seems there are no 20 moa top rails that will fit the 13" forend.

The top rail in the picture is off of my 13" AXSA AICS chassis. It would need to be slightly shortened and it also sits about 1/16" lower than the action rail.

Also, just realized they make a medium sized bridge to work with the 13" forend. The short is on there as we thought you would need to chop the long bridge to work.

16" barrel installed on a WTO switch Lug

IMG_4821.jpeg

The 13" forend looks great, I personally don't tend to run a bipod too far out (cant reach of for adjustment) so don't see the point in the 16" version other than more real estate for weights.