• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision ATN 1280 Res scope ?????

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
ATN has announced at SHOT 2023 it's new Thor 5 HD thermal line, with a 1280 res model for around $6k !!
$12k less than the Rico 75, supposedly made in the USA with Quad core + LRF/ Ballistic comp reticle and 60Hz ?
I know it's an ATN and who knows when and if it'll be available, but $12k less ?
I was hoping that someone would come out with a decent priced 1000 res scope to bridge the gap between 640 and 1280, but WTF !
I'm so confused, I don't know what to believe !

SJC

Last edited:
Well I would not get too excited.

Its ATN plus I doubt when you do the math it actually will surpass the resolution of some units that are already out there.

Hecque a Flir Thermosight PTS 736 has the same resolution as the new Iray 1280 unit, but just a much narrower FOV.

Reactions: Evolution 9