• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision B.E. Myers' WMLRF entry

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    Here we go...

Interesting bit about what sounds like an active laser BDC?

The design and functionality of MILR™ is based on its ability to achieve digital laser movement within the system, specifically the infrared pointer, which internally declinates to create a ballistic solution for the shooter while under NVGs. The introduction of this first Disturbed Infrared Aiming Laser (DIAL™) capability allows for true day-to-night extended-range overmatch for weapons platforms traditionally limited in effectiveness during night engagements. Additionally, the MILR™ uses a step-through ballistic setup interface that provides ballistic computer capability to user groups not previously trained to use a ballistic solver data, while retaining compatibility for traditional long-form profile setups.

Reactions: Rhed
    1) If they don’t sell it to civilians who cares, plus knowing BE Meyers it will be $22,000.

2) I’m not the military but I dunno if snipers want an active laser “disturbed reticle?” Seems like you wouldn’t want a laser to pinpoint the shooter’s location for a near-peer adversary with NV capability. It seems like this is BE Meyers trying to get around working with IBeam.

3) It looks cool as fuck 😂

Reactions: FieldGaugeFailure
    Was just reading about it on SSD. Seems like a really cool piece of kit but more geared for use on an MG where the gunner is wearing head-mounted nods. It does mention use with precision rifles but I'm not sure how useful aiming with active IR is in a precision fires context. I think that it can control beam divergence/beam size digitally so maybe you range and then it gives you a small enough laser aiming point (that you'd see through your day optic+clip-on) and you use that (vs using the firing solution it also provides you).I dunno. Pretty awesome tech regardless.

Yeah, the more I think about it, it does make a lot of sense for MG gunners. By the point you're dumping a belt, having active IR lasers give your position away is probably less of a concern than being able to put effective fires on targets. And trying to control a hate burst through an optic is a lesson in futility, it might be a lot easier and faster with FP laser that's adjusted ballistically. And then for precision folks, it's still got the range/solver to be sneaky accurate. Clever idea.

Surprised they didn't use the words "data integration" anywhere. Knowing BEM only connected industry folks will get it besides normal GOV/MIL/LE.

Since it's out there for SOFWeek im sure it is fielded already. Interestingly enough the usage is "Optimized for machinegun use and fully feature capable for precision rifles as well as remote weapon stations..."

Makes sense for all of that, I am not sure what a Disturbed IR system is, but I'm sure this will be integrated with ATAK, ECOTI, VOODOO, and the latest NVG systems. Makes a ton of sense in that mode for remote systems...but...BLE doesn't have great range for data so I'm sure they don't mean for Unmanned systems.

Gotta say whoever does design for BEM is on the money. The Kiji, MAWL and now this all look great

Reactions: Rhed
    Oh damn.. is this out already? This ought to be interesting..