• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Barrel Soaker

SmokyJoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Sonoma County, CA
Made a barrel soaker for 9mm and 45acp barrels in a block of solvent proof/resistant plastic. Works without wasting much Boretech or Patchout. Drill press, forstner bits and a chisel…voila! I need to make a cover and a base to keep it from tipping.
45830B24-DB16-46A8-8C71-6DEB35C7B019.jpeg

So the inside of your pistol barrels dont get carbon or copper fouled?
on a pistol I have seen no need for for it, but I don't shoot lead cast bullets, my Infinity has over 40k rounds shot, I keep it lubed, and change main and recoil spring every 5k, my old Glock 35 got cleaned when I sold it.

Reactions: deersniper
I have never cleaned a pistol barrel, do you shoot lead cast bullets only?
No lead, but get some stubborn carbon buildup in the chamber of the .45s. I don’t go for squeaky clean, but soak for an hour or two then push some patches through. That and a few passes with a nylon brush gets most of the carbon out of the grooves, 9mm or 45. Reloads with Vihtavuori don’t need cleaning, but lots of factory ammo seems to pile up the carbon.

Have you seen accuracy issues, because I haven't, that maybe because my pistol is handmade, and/or because it really doesn't matter shooting USPSA/3 gun/Steel Challenge

Interested in making a similar one for rifle barrels?

A two “tank” option like this would be cool.