• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bartien & Proof Barrel Contour

bigbuckslayer3

I do what I want!
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
WV
Anyone know for sure if the Proof and Bartien carbon barrels in the Sendero contour are close size wise. Have a stock cut for a Proof Sendero and I was thinking of going bartien and was wondering .

Even if it was slightly larger, opening up the barrel channel of a stock is as easy as a dowel and a piece of sandpaper. Takes about 10 minutes.

Proof's Sendero and Sendero Light can be a little misleading.

The Proof Sendero Light is pretty much the same contour as a Rem Sendero but the Proof Sendero is actually a fair bit larger contour. Per Proof the steel barrel under the CF is turned to the exact same size for both their Sendero and Sendero Light it's just the outside or CF part of the barrel is larger on their Sendero as well as the Sendero is a few ounces heavier than their Sendero Light.

I used a Proof CF Sendero on my 6CM build. It has a McM Varmint stock that was made with a Rem Sendero barrel channel and it had to be opened up quite a bit more than I expected to fit that Proof CF Sendero barrel.