• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BBQ comes from North Carolina and Brisket comes from Texas

Wagyu is richer and denser in flavor, you generally eat less of it per serving due to it over say prime…. I’ve cooked a lot of waygu, and by in large, almost everyone I’ve served it to, has eaten smaller portions.

I can attest to this. Got a Wagyu tomahawk from KC Cattle company (awesome veteran owned company) a year ago. Incredible Flavor and texture. But could barely eat a fraction as it was so rich. Probably got four meals off that one ribeye. Every one amazing!

Sirhr

Reactions: notacos4u
Is there an official bbq thread? If so lemme know.
Made these for Sunday dinner.
Baby back ribs.
8 hrs in the bbq.

IMG_0980.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg

I was thinking you had to run around yard a bit, follow where the hens are, the cock is not far behind.
Your missing a movie in your library. The quest begins for the correct movie to find the true origins of the cockmeat sandwich.

We’ll be waiting for your updates

Reactions: Im2bent
That reads like some gay ass you like it in the butt cheeks but keep the balls from slappin yo ass ?

Dude, that's some kinda fucked up shit.
This reads like an old man making shit up to try and sound relevant.
IMG_0434.png

You.

That reads like some gay ass you like it in the butt cheeks but keep the balls from slappin yo ass ?

Dude, that's some kinda fucked up shit.
I am confused. So, are you saying it is better to let the balls slap your ass? Is this from experience?

I you know you know. Skylightinnbbq is the best ever.

Used to be a place in, I think, Apex NC called OT’s BBQ. Damn that was the best ever! And hush puppies!

It was a dump. Oh but it was good. I think they had been operating since the 1930’s.

Maybe it was Fuquay Varina. I never knew where it was. Just how go get there.

You all know places like that!

Sirhr

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronws
Used to be a place in, I think, Apex NC called OT’s BBQ. Damn that was the best ever!

It was a dump. Oh but it was good. I think they had been operating since the 1930’s.

Maybe it was Fuquay Varina. I never knew where it was. Just go to get there.

Sirhr

I have been to one place in NC. The "Lexington BBQ" in Lexington, NC. It was featured on a Discovery Channel DVD.

1715760759546.png

At the time it was (and probably still is) family owned and operated. And the family actually still works it.

The meat itself was pretty good. They do feature "red slaw" (made with Ketchup instead of Mayo - I'm not a slaw eater anyway...) and the BBQ sauce is thin (almost water/broth like). But the people were all very nice.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
I am from Davidson county and Lexington BBQ #1 has always gotten all the hype but there are several very good pit cooked Q places around Lexington. I like Back Country BBQ. I also like Eastern Q like B's, Skyline, etc.. B's looks like a total shithole but the lines start a around 10/1030 and all the Q is gone mid afternnon.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Used to be a place in, I think, Apex NC called OT’s BBQ. Damn that was the best ever! And hush puppies!

Maybe it was Fuquay Varina. I never knew where it was. Just how go get there.

Sirhr
Those areas are about 30 minutes from me, I’ll have to dig around and see if I can find them. Hell, I was in Fuquay this morning.

There is a place by Mcgees Crossroads call The Redneck BBQ Lab that is supposed to be good.

Agreed... Brisket is totally awesome. But Brisket is Brisket and BBQ is BBQ.

Just 'sayin.

Of course, I originally hail from a place that boils ribeyes. But I lived in both NC and Texas... And about a dozen other places. So... there ya go!

Sirhr

PS. Lived in OH and they think that Chili on Spaghetti is food. Good lord!
If by boiled you mean sous vide then that’s the best way to cook a ribeye without question. I’ll die on that hill.

If you actually meant boiled then please let us know the area you're referencing so we can make sure never to visit. Only Godless savages would do something like that. I’d rather eat It cold and raw right out of the fridge.

If by boiled you mean sous vide then that’s the best way to cook a ribeye without question. I’ll die on that hill.

If you actually meant boiled then please let us know the area you're referencing so we can make sure never to visit. Only Godless savages would do something like that. I’d rather eat It cold and raw right out of the fridge.

New England... and what is sous vide? Boi jesis, they boil prime rib up here.

Sirhr

Those areas are about 30 minutes from me, I’ll have to dig around and see if I can find them. Hell, I was in Fuquay this morning.

There is a place by Mcgees Crossroads call The Redneck BBQ Lab that is supposed to be good.

I think they are gone. When I lived near there (in Morrisville, NC for a year) those places were still so rural I could quail hunt all of them... And deer hunt. I still have mason jars from still sites I found.

Now, every inch of it is sprawl housing. OT's would have been prime real-estate.

But running over there for Pulled Pork, hush puppies and (I know I am a heathen... unsweet tea) was awesome. Sweet tea was basically just karo syrup with a teabag in it. A bit too sweet!

Oh but man I loved going there.

Sirhr

NC makes some awesome BBQ. I don’t eat out for it so much, because my son is smoking meat almost every other weekend. It was eastern style chopped pork for his mom on Mother’s Day. Good stuff. And to @sirhrmechanic , if your sweet tea doesn’t pour like pancake syrup, it needs more sugar! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
New England... and what is sous vide? Boi jesis, they boil prime rib up here.

Sirhr
Slow cooked in a vacuum sealed bag submerged in water. The whole steak Is cooked to the exact internal temp of the water bath from edge to edge.

Take it out of the bag, sear and serve as normal. It’s Impossible to mess up and comes out absolutely perfect every time.

Reactions: Tokay444
Slow cooked in a vacuum sealed bag submerged in water. The whole steak Is cooked to the exact internal temp of the water bath from edge to edge.

Take it out of the bag, sear and serve as normal. It’s Impossible to mess up and comes out absolutely perfect every time.
cliff clavin.jpg

;-)

Sirhr

PS... There is a thread somewhere here on Sous Vide. But noone in New England has a clue.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws