• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BC for Hornady 140gr AMAX (.264)

shotdown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
www.instagram.com
Can someone tell me the correct BC for Hornady 140gr AMAX (.264) please? The Hornady website says it's .585. My Ballistic Cal says .580 but I could of swore it was .550. Anyway, is .585 the correct BC?

I tried searching but when I click on the link it takes me back to the main forum page.

This is the reason I asked the question about the 140 BTHP. On my Ballistic AE app, it shows 140 BTHP has a G1 of .580. It shows the 140 A-Max has a G1 of .550. However, on Hornady's site, the listed G1 for the A-Max is .585.

The G7 listed for the A-Max is .299. I cannot find a G7 for the BTHP.

I am so confused!

Just double checked Litz's 2nd edition. G1 of .584 and G7 of .299.

Last edited:
Using calculators like Bulletflight, would using .299 G7 be more accurate than .584 G1?

(Interesting, Bulletflight's database shows .541 G1 for this round! Wow, glad I double checked!)

I couldn't tell you as I've never used G7 data. I did use my Ballistic Calc exclusively during the last LR match and all my data was dead on with the G1 data at .584. Hopefully someone that has tested both will chime in.