• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BDL-Style Bottom Metal Recommendation?

Keith E.

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2007
Eastern N.C.
I've read the recommendations for DBM bottom metal choices. This inquiry is for aftermarket, Remington 700 BDL bottom metal recommendations. I'd like to hear your opinions and reasons for those opinions.

Thanks,
Keith

Pretty happy with the PTG aluminum Oberndorf b/m's I have. I've got several and like the look and they are much better built than the Remmy pot metal ones that come on factory rifles. Price isn't bad either.

If you're asking about the hinged floor plate, then I don't think there is any better option than the Manners BDL-Mini chassis, but that would require you to purchase a new Manners stock

I'll second the PT&G bottom metal, it's good stuff at a nice price. I have the aluminum Oberndorf also on one of my rifles, I cerakoted it to match and it turned out great, plus the aluminum saves a little weight. You can get it in stainless or chrome moly if that's your desire too.

I really like the Badger M4 = built like a tank!!

I've had a couple Williams, and I would agree with other posters that they are great. For the cost, a PTG bottom metal is hard to beat, and I really like the Oberdorf style (I have owner or handled the standard, Oberdorf and tactical versions of PTG's bottom metals). However, a GAP hunting rifle I just bought is wearing the Badger alloy M4, and I must admit that it is excellent - I prefer it over the others

The nice thing about the PTG metals though is they fit within the standard BDL inlet- the same can't be said for the Badger, and some Williams (older versions primarily) were not drop-in.