• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bergara B14 HMR 300 win

Since this is a thread about the 300wm, anyone else have a report on it? Very close to pulling the trigger on one and was wondering how the 300wm Magpul mags are working. Anyone shot it out to or past 1k yet?
I have had zero problems from the magpul mag (probably have had around 220 rounds through the rifle). I have shot out to around 900 yards just messing around on my property and on the Most still day of doing that I shot a five shot group and it ended up putting 4 inside the length of my hand. And the 5th one is off of the picture below and to the right just a hair which was most likely operator error. In the picture I have x'd out a hole that did not belong to the group of 5 shots. ( I am the same one that posted the pics of the of the 100 yd group with the dime and the pics of my rifle)

Attachments

• IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I have had zero problems from the magpul mag. I have shot out to around 900 yards just messing around on my property and on the Most still day of doing that I shot a five shot group and it ended up putting 4 inside the length of my hand. And the 5th one is off of the picture below and to the right just a hair which was most likely operator error. In the picture I have x'd out a hole that did not belong to the group of 5 shots.
Wow great shooting man. I still can't get over the fact that these can be had for sub $900.

Wow great shooting man. I still can't get over the fact that these can be had for sub $900.
Thank you! I was not expecting those results at all when I shot that group so I was very surprised when we went to look. I couldn't believe it either when they first came out with the HMR I was amazed at the reviews and wanted one in a 6.5 but never got one bought. Now I'm glad that I didn't get a 6.5 bought because they came out with the 300 wm. And as soon as the 300 came out I told myself I was gonna get my hands on one. And I'm not disappointed at all for a 900 dollar gun. I think I paid 940 dollars for mine to be shipped from Pennsylvania to Arkansas to a local gun dealer and that was right after they came out (I got mine in June).

Somehow when I do a build I always end up right around $2,000 sometimes a couple hundred less, sometimes a couple hundred more. MPA or MDT Chassis or McMillan stock, Timney, or TriggerTech Trigger, Cerakote - that's why when I want to get a rifle that I'll keep right out of the box l usually end up with a Bergara; that way I can get something similar to what I'd build and still have a good chunk left for optics, base and rings, rails, ADI, or ARD.
I'm really hoping my build doesn't approach $2k. But I guess if it happens, it happens.

I have a left-handed Hill Country Rifle that I bought 18 years ago and it has taken dozens of deer and never needed more than 1 shot to do it. I topped it 3 years ago with a Nikon MONARCH 5 HD glass and it's doubtful I will ever change. Incredibly clear and the BDC is dialed into 700 yards. A buddies kid just moved to MT for a job and he wants to get him a elk/deer rifle for up there, I told him it's hard to beat the 30 cal option's out there now. Speaking of Bergara's, I have a few of them and not one is over .4 MOA. I'll be out dialing in one of their 6.5CM's this afternoon that has new glass. Big fun!

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I have a left-handed Hill Country Rifle that I bought 18 years ago and it has taken dozens of deer and never needed more than 1 shot to do it. I topped it 3 years ago with a Nikon MONARCH 5 HD glass and it's doubtful I will ever change. Incredibly clear and the BDC is dialed into 700 yards. A buddies kid just moved to MT for a job and he wants to get him a elk/deer rifle for up there, I told him it's hard to beat the 30 cal option's out there now. Speaking of Bergara's, I have a few of them and not one is over .4 MOA. I'll be out dialing in one of their 6.5CM's this afternoon that has new glass. Big fun!
You gave that young man some sound advice, only thing I would add being located here in Colorado is for him to invest in an angle degree indicator in case he doesn't have a rangefinder with that capability, or as in my case doesn't want to be at the sole mercy of batteries.

Reactions: bman940
Hello. I'm new to the forum and wanting to get some opinions on the Bergara B14 HMR in a 300 win. I have been hunting for years and going to Wyoming to do mountain hunts for the last 10. This has allowed for some long range shots and I have enjoyed the challenge of being able to shoot 300-500 yards with my Browning A-bolt 7 mm. Now, I am wanting to get into doing some longer range shooting and have a rifle that will still do the job on a Muley or Elk. I have been eyeing the Bergara mentioned above and have seen lots of great reviews on youtube and google. Just wanted to see if anyone has had any bad experiences with this gun or Bergara as a company. Also, if there were any better suggestions. I'm wanting to keep it under $1000 for the rifle if possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

Forgot to mention that I have a can coming and would like a threaded barrel.
I have had good experiences with Bergara so far. I have a B14 HMR in 300 win mag and a 308 Hunter, and have been doing some load development with Sierra TGK 180g ammo with Norma brass. I know that this is an old thread but still could help some people may find this helpful. This post is for 300wm at 100yrd.

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpeg
    IMG_3464.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    496.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3466.jpeg
    IMG_3466.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: bman940
Bought a Wilderness in early 21'
Bolt lugs galled up badly, and it destroyed itself.
Lgs refunded my $ and I ordered another. Never could bring myself to fire it after reading all the qc issues, so I sold it.