• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bergara HMR Wilderness vs HMR Pro...

RUTGERS95

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2009
NJ
Looking at these two set ups in 308. Curious who has them, one of them, thoughts, experience? thanks

I have an HMR that I’ve essentially transformed into a Pro. Don’t mess around, Pro for sure.

If you’re hunting, the non-stainless B14 actions and barrels are very susceptible to rust while the Pro is all-stainless and cerakoted, the Premier bolt is fantastic, and TriggerTech triggers are excellent as well. If you think you’ll ever run a different bolt face, or even if you just like toolless bolt takedown for cleaning, the Premier bolt is your huckleberry.

Reactions: IZX and RUTGERS95
I have an HMR that I’ve essentially transformed into a Pro. Don’t mess around, Pro for sure.

If you’re hunting, the non-stainless B14 actions and barrels are very susceptible to rust while the Pro is all-stainless and cerakoted, the Premier bolt is fantastic, and TriggerTech triggers are excellent as well. If you think you’ll ever run a different bolt face, or even if you just like toolless bolt takedown for cleaning, the Premier bolt is your huckleberry.
thanks! that is where I'm leaning. Now waiting to see what kind of black friday deals are out there

Reactions: KnowNothing256
I have both of these except one is 6.5 the wilderness and my pro is 308. And I can say the pro is a nicer gun. As far as fit feel, the bolt is slick and smooth. And the trigger is really nice too.The only thing I would like to do is put the wilderness bolt handle on the pro I like it better. But I have had time to do it yet lol.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I have two HMR pros 6 and 6.5 creedmoor, got them well before the wilderness series came out. They’re tough to beat for the money, both of mine were very accurate right out of the box. I’m now running TT diamonds on both and have two 6-36 razor G3s on order for them.

This is the first group I shot out of the 6.5 zeroing it, I think shots 3-5 with cheap hornady American gunner ammo.

Attachments

• 7D285693-63C7-4B12-9B50-A927698B0648.jpeg
    7D285693-63C7-4B12-9B50-A927698B0648.jpeg
    785 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: IZX and RUTGERS95

Does the premier bolt replace the hmr bolt without any type of alteration? Thanks in advance

I have my hmr in 6.5 CM, haven't gone further than 1280yards but I am hoping to. Very much enjoy this rifle. I put a TT diamond and an SVIII5×40 Sightron (amazing elevation!) I would definitely buy again.

Attachments

• IMG_20221024_160205_6.jpg
    IMG_20221024_160205_6.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: RUTGERS95
thanks everyone, will see what Black Friday has for deals but most reviews seem very positive

The Wilderness ain't a bad deal, especially over the base HMR, it's a no brainer.
Cerakoted bbl and action, with a brake and cool paint. Definitely worth $100 ober the HMR.

The jump to the Pro is another $400ish.
Myself, I'd take the savings and buy more glass.

Reactions: IZX
The Wilderness ain't a bad deal, especially over the base HMR, it's a no brainer.
Cerakoted bbl and action, with a brake and cool paint. Definitely worth $100 ober the HMR.

The jump to the Pro is another $400ish.
Myself, I'd take the savings and buy more glass.
I thought about this but the pro gets you the ss barrel as well

Look into the tikka t3x super varmit can be found for $1200 online what I like is once it’s shot out and can change barrels in your garage with a few tools .. Wilderness 1k at a gunsmith …