• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bergara Premier replacement bolt

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
has anyone bought a Bergara Premier replacement bolt or firing pin assembly from them ? I am having issues w/ light primer strikes again and am thinking on replacing the bolt or the firing pin assembly
thx

Reactions: jh2785
Interesting. I had the light strike problem with my new Premier Approach in 7 mag a few years back. I cut down and tried a Wolff extra power spring, but it did not do any better with the handloads I was using. Cleaned and oiled the FP assembly, checked my primer seating routine a bunch of times...nothing worked.

I measured my firing pin protrusion, and it was .047"...maybe too little, maybe not.

I switched from CCI primers to Federal primers, and my problem immediately ceased. I haven't bothered with messing with it anymore, but I'm sure that I'd go back to about a 30% failure rate if I went back to CCI primers. I'm probably 300 trouble-free rounds now with Federal 215s.

The guy I take all of my rifle work to suggested I let him turn down the shoulder on the firing pin a bit to see if that would remedy the problem. That may be something that I look into someday.

Looking forward to hearing how you find your remedy.

I had similar issues with CCI primers, so that I changed to Federal 210s. I also had same issues w/ factory ammo, Hornady

I had the same issue. I had 3 Bergara's. 2 had the same bolt issue. Fixed them, sold them and never looked back.