• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara set up as a single shot…

hangunnr

Team Shutupnshoot
Minuteman
May 7, 2002
Flatlandia
Looking to get into a Bergara but have zero interest in a dbm set up. Just don’t have a use or desire. Plan on buying just the barreled action.

I have a McM A3 sitting here I’d like to use. I’ve seen the single shot mag replacement block and figured I could just adapt that to work with my non M5 stock.

Is there a better option or does anyone see where what I’ve described as a no go option?

I assume this isn't supposed to be in the rimfire section, because who the hell wants a single shot rimfire?

Well, you would assume incorrectly.

Btw, single shots are cool…….🙄🤣

b26g5n.jpg

Looking to get into a Bergara but have zero interest in a dbm set up. Just don’t have a use or desire. Plan on buying just the barreled action.

I have a McM A3 sitting here I’d like to use. I’ve seen the single shot mag replacement block and figured I could just adapt that to work with my non M5 stock.

Is there a better option or does anyone see where what I’ve described as a no go option?
If it’s in your budget, I’d get a vudoo v22s over the bergara.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I have looked at the Vudoo single shot but they are out of touch for a poor like me…..

Crazy you posted such a question I was thinking about the same thing about my Bergara. I strictly bench shoot and use a single shot adapter on my CZ’s.
I’ve been researching installing a ramp in the Bergara and then install the barreled action into a true 3” foreend benchrest stock.
Use what I have to build something similar to a V22s or 2500x action.
My Rimx is on the chopping block do to it really doesn’t fit my style of shooting and it can’t be single shot fed. I seen Modacam has started modifying the Rimx with extractors but I’m not really interested in keeping the Rimx.

I have mid 60's model Ithaca Mod 48 lever action single shot that has been a companion since I was old enough to carry it myself.
Just saying
I own a Model 49 saddle gun, really accurate for what it is. Had mine since 1964. Sitting in the safe right now. Not the oldest firearm we have owned but it is my first rifle.

My father was a shotgun man so he always tried to steer me that way. I always like keelboats, he was a IYLA racing scow man all the way. (Sailboats) We both loved sailing and we own a scow, but my first sailing love was and is a keel sloop. It’s a wonder we could even talk to each other, but he was a very good man and I miss him to this very day.

Will Kirste Sr. 1923-1964. (On right with his father, picture from 1956)
IMG_0135.jpeg

Back to the subject at hand

both of our centergrip Anschutz had single shot adapters. Also, there was single shot adapters for Savage center fires. Each was made from high density polymeds. So, it should not be that hard to make one from a block of high density plastic, or better yet have one ”printed”.

Reactions: XLR308
There’s a guy on RFC that makes similar to that but his has a higher lip on it that supposedly functions better