• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara sucks ass, buyer beware.

surprised redneck is getting so much flack. imo, he is very legit, been on here super long time. bought some stuff from him years ago, good transactions. he even helped me, via some phone calls, years ago with my first build. very knowledgable.

i recently had a little problem with a criterion barrel and criterion treated me great! excellent customer service.

also had a problem, 4 ish years ago, with a GAP built 6.5 saum with a bartlein barrel. frank at bartlein was sooooooo awesome. he put a new barrel on and it shoots great!

surprised redneck is getting so much flack. imo, he is very legit, been on here super long time. bought some stuff from him years ago, good transactions. he even helped me, via some phone calls, years ago with my first build. very knowledgable.

i recently had a little problem with a criterion barrel and criterion treated me great! excellent customer service.

also had a problem, 4 ish years ago, with a GAP built 6.5 saum with a bartlein barrel. frank at bartlein was sooooooo awesome. he put a new barrel on and it shoots great!
I, too, was taken aback by the vitriol lobbed at him. I do understand his point. Even if he was to sell it, he needs it fixed right and any company should stand behind its product, regardless of cost.

I have never bedded rails but maybe it has worked for him on other rifles and situations. And I have had a cheap rifle perform well with many rounds, mostly because I moved it from the problematic polymer stock to a chassis. And that was before I put a break on it.

But I see other points, too. If the experience has been this bad, time to move on.

Possibly he liked that model because of the features. Reminds me of Jim at Backfire and his singular experience with the Mossberg Patriot .308 in walnut stock. Pretty gun, great trigger. But he was getting 4 and 5 inch groups at 100 yards and there was him, his show partner, and the photographer all taking turns. They got a replacement from Mossberg that shot better, a bit more than 1 MOA but far better than before. That being said, he never bought another Mossberg and spits on them, to this day.

I have seen plenty of other people shooting the Patriot and Patriot Predator just fine in the polymer stock. Same with Bergara.

But sometimes, you just get a dud.

I am not judging either side and I have seen both sides deliver heated invectives.

To paraphrase the late Rodney King, "Can't well just get a bong?"

Reactions: Mr.BR
I came back here to apologize to BMX'R, I was out of line and I apologize for it.

I hope you get it figured out and I hope you share the outcome.

Reactions: Ronws
I like my savage okay….there I said it.

it needs a different barrel though I have more 308s than I need

I thought you were just on this forum to pickup up other Savage owning Manbun 6.5 Creedmoor dudes for your Friday night gay fests. This is why you "like" wink wink Savage. You gay Savage Manbun 6.5 Creedmoor dudes spot each other a mile away, like how back in the 80's you wore the earing in the right ear

You actually shoot? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
I thought you were just on this forum to pickup up other Savage owning Manbun 6.5 Creedmoor dudes for your Friday night gay fests. This is why you "like" wink wink Savage. You gay Savage Manbun 6.5 Creedmoor dudes spot each other a mile away, like how back in the 80's you wore the earing in the right ear

How dare you, I do NOT own a 6.5.

Well I do own a 6.5 (better than any dress wearing owner of a .3oh my GOD it can’t hit a thing past 125 yards 8)Creedmoor. I have also owned at least three Savages in my life, including a 99 in .250-3000 that I still kick myself for selling, back when they were common as fleas and almost as inexpensive.

In my opinion, those 6.5 Creedmoor haters are so vocal because they are trying to compensate for a male appendage that is so small it has to be measured with an Electron Microscope, that would be if they could find it because its so small

So there and I don’t wear a man bun! But I’ve broke more horses, drunk more beer, wrestled more cows, killed more deer, and fought more Viet Cong than all you Creedmoor haters combined.

Well I do own a 6.5 (better than any dress wearing owner of a .3oh my GOD it can’t hit a thing past 125 yards 8)Creedmoor. I have also owned at least three Savages in my life, including a 99 in .250-3000 that I still kick myself for selling, back when they were common as fleas and almost as inexpensive.

In my opinion, those 6.5 Creedmoor haters are so vocal because they are trying to compensate for a male appendage that is so small it has to be measured with an Electron Microscope, that would be if they could find it because its so small

So there and I don’t wear a man bun! But I’ve broke more horses, drunk more beer, wrestled more cows, killed more deer, and fought more Viet Cong than all you Creedmoor haters combined.

You didn’t do concrete?

Piss off…

It’s not amazing but its fine for the price

Shut your whore mouth and follow the guide…

IMG_4682.png

You didn’t do concrete?
Well actually I did, but only for my own use. Laid a few slabs, nothing pretty but they worked just fine. As far as I know, at least one is still there, even thought the barn and horse breaking pen are long gone.

Now for the rest of the story. Brenda and I purchased a briar patch with a sorta house and an all but useless barn on 3 acres for $3250.00 in December 1973. After several years work, buying more land and continuing to improve it down through the years, we made it a pretty decent place. Nothing to brag about but nothing to be terribly ashamed of either (except for my barn, which was really bad, but it worked and the horses we stabled in it and trained won a dump truck load of trophy’s and ribbons)

Creosote boards and posts, square and round were quite common back then, lasted quite a while, were a decent color, did not have to be painted and generally were good material to build rail fences. I fenced in the home, made a breaking pen, generally put the stuff everywhere. However, I needed a wash rack and putting one in the barn was not going to work. So, I put one off of the breaking pen. poured my own concrete pad, fenced it in but used crossties instead of creosoted 4x4’s.

Got nice siding on the house, got the inside fixed up, insulated, put in a good wood stove, got nice shrubs planted around the house, cleaned up all the underbrush, fenced it in with the above mentioned 4x4’s and 1x6 rail fences. Looked pretty nice.

But alas, we came to the realization that our son‘s asthma would not tolerate being on a horse farm, and we were losing something north of $500.00 a month each month, after our customers (what few they were) paid us. Since our income was simply not that good especially considering what we were paid in the late 1980’s/early 1990’s, it was time to move on in our life.

So, we sold the farm and built a little cottage on a lake. :D.

Subsequent owners treated it like it originally was, a shack. Brenda and I visited it about 10 years ago. Living therewas the 4th or 5th owner of it since we sold it in 1992. Seeing the condition of the place, Brenda said, she never ever even wanted to ride down Highway 151 again, much less go back to visit our old homeplace.

Finally, been on the lake for 30 years now, not gonna leave, even though it’s right at 100 miles from Howard Prince Memorial range, the best range in North Louisiana.

Oh, I‘ve done a bit more concrete since then, but nothing to brag about, that is for sure.

Now, I’m gonna call it a night, before I really make someone mad with my stupid humor.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Do you have a Quigley Ford on your 6.5?
Nah, too expensive, got me a couple old coke bottles, cut the bottom out of em, used some duck tape to stick the bottoms to each end of a Jax Beer can, then duck taped it to the top of the gun. Good for 1200 yards.

If you haven’t drunk Jax beer you don’t know what REAL BEER TASTE IS!

I used schlitz bottles, if you leave the duct tape loose, you can twist the front bottle to focus better. I made my crosshair with a blonde cunt hair. The red was too thick.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Eye Dick