• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Berger Bullets Reloading Manual (1st Ed) Opinions

shotdown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
www.instagram.com
I got a copy of this book recently and I thought it was okay. It does contain some great info but I thought it could have contained some better sections (some even could have been kept out). For example, it does have a 10 page basic reloading section but coming from Berger, I expected it to be more detailed..maybe longer. I know it's basic reloading but there are many new reloaders today and I know when I started a year ago, I had lots of questions. I think a great company like Berger could have captured a bigger audience by making that section more detailed.

Another thing I noticed was that it doesn't contain any info for Hodgdon CFE. Anyone know why? This book was published in 2012.

As far as the positives for this book, I did really like some sections like the "Effects of COAL and CBTO", "G1 vs G7 BC" and "Basic Statistics for Handloading". I learned some great info in those sections.

Anyway, what are your opinions of this book?

I bought the book in August of this year, (2013). I liked reading the history of Berger bullets and the sections on more advanced topics. I agree with you that it isn't really a good book for beginning reloaders.

It is a good reference but I agree probably not the best choice for beginners. Of importance also is the fact that none of the .338 loads (WM, WSM, LM, Edge, RUM), 338-378 and 340 Weatherby Magnum loads made the publishing deadline and, as a result, are not included in this first edition. They are available online as a supplement but anyone buying the manual for these cartridges will be a little disappointed.

It is a good reference but I agree probably not the best choice for beginners. Of importance also is the fact that none of the .338 loads (WM, WSM, LM, Edge, RUM), 338-378 and 340 Weatherby Magnum loads made the publishing deadline and, as a result, are not included in this first edition. They are available online as a supplement but anyone buying the manual for these cartridges will be a little disappointed.

That and the 215 and 230 hybrids for a .300 winny !