• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best Android Tools for Shooting

DTdr2

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2011
Somewhere in Texas
Not sure if this is the right place for this so please let me know, and I will be happy to repost.

I have an Android phone system and thought it would be nice to find out what other forum members were using on their smart phones.

Installed applications on Droid X:

* <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Shooter</span></span> - a highly accurate ballistics calculator plus more

* <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Mil.Calculate</span></span> - quick and simple mildot calculator, range finder

Re: Best Android Ballistics Calculator and Other Tools

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dallas12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use shooter on my droid x, it works good. </div></div>

What he said only on a HTC Incredible.

Same here, not sure there is a better option...

I will be picking up Shooter soon. I have read nothing but good things about it.

Re: Best Android Tools for Shooting

Also check out <span style="font-weight: bold">Strelok Ballistic Calculator</span>.

Search for "Strelok" (no quotes) and it'll come up.

Shooter has the mil reticle function built in.

Shooter is also the apparent front runner on android and seems to be working to make itself better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metonymy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also check out <span style="font-weight: bold">Strelok Ballistic Calculator</span>.

Search for "Strelok" (no quotes) and it'll come up. </div></div>

Just picked this one up late last night. Great must have app, and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">FREE</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WyomingShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Add me to the list of highly satisfied "Shooter" users. </div></div>
+1

http://sean.kndy.net/shooter/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmileMaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any experience with these on the motorla Xoom? </div></div>
Can only think the Xoom will heighten the experience. Larger screen, easier input, etc.. I'm assuming the Xoom loads .APK files like the Droid?

Well I have been fed up with my current black berry and have been looking at various cell phones mainly the Droid and IPhone so that I can add a ballistic app. I am glad you all posted this thanks.

I have the EVO by HTC and it works really well with shooter. Has a cute little kick stand that's nice when shooting. I did have to add an anti-glare screen cover.

I have been using Hooter on my Droid since it came out and it has been excellent.

It's fast and easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Respectfully,

--KJ

I use Shooter (pay version) and love it.

There is also a program called "targetcalc" or something that is pretty neat. Allows you to take a picture of a target and get the exact size of the group expressed in MOA. Very neat.

Thanks to all of your recommendations I just purchased Shooter and I'm very impressed. I'll be adding my data for two rifles tomorrow.

That's good stuff right there!